Chapter 21 ⚜

Early November, 1998

The Goo Goo Dolls played in my room while I worked on my homework, that one afternoon. Until, suddenly I heard my phone go off it's ring tone. I lowered the volume of my radio, before I answered the phone.

"This is Rachel Films, who's calling?" I said with my best fake British accent.

"It's Justin, Rachel's best friend. Uh, Rach I have some serious news. . . Just kidding, but it is kinda serious." I was getting nervous when he said he had some sort of important news. It can't be that bad, can it?

"Shoot." I lay at the edge of my bed.

"Okay, well first off. . . I'm starring in a movie. It's a kid movie, but still I'm getting a role!" He cheered out. "I'm gonna play a model in this movie that's airing next year I believe. I recommend you watching it. Not because your my friend and you support me, but for fun. Critic me over it. Lemme know if I did a great job acting."

I laughed. "Oh, I will. Do you have any chance know the name of this movie?"

"Yes. It's called, Model Behavior and they're airing it on the Disney Channel. I would tell you how the story goes, but I can't or else I'll spoil it."

"No, I get it. Curly boy is that it?" I asked with a smirk on my face.

"No, I have one more thing to tell you." He paused. "Okay, it's going to take awhile, but. . ."

"But, what?" My heart stopped. I couldn't understand what he's speechless about. It must mean some real good news, but what is it! If I hear that name one more time I'm going to shoot myself.

"I met up with Britney, and I think I'm going to do it. I'm going to ask her out." Right in that moment, my heart broke into a million pieces. How could he—I mean, how could I let this get through. Why didn't I just tell him? Oh that's right, because I'm an idiot.

I sat up straight, before continuing,"Rach, are you there?"

"Huh, oh yeah. Sorry, I'm just trying to function all this information through. Wow, you and Britney. How did y'all meet up?"

"Funny story, we bumped into each other. We immediately recognized each other and began talking like old time. Oh, Rachel what should I do? I've been waiting for this to finally happen. Do you think I should ask her out? Wait, what if she already has a boyfriend? Do you think she'll like me even though she's dating someone else?"

"Justin, calm yourself. If you think it's time to ask her out then do it. I'll support you throughout your relationship with her. Before you do do the right thing and ask if she's single or not. Just don't rush into a relationship. Wait for the right moment. Spend some time as friends then as boyfriend and girlfriend." While I gave my best friend in the whole wide world some awesome advise, my heart asked itself why not me? Sure we are four years apart each other but what's the big deal?

"Thanks, Rachel. I'll take your advise. You can already tell that I'm getting nervous by talking about her. I'm not even near her right now! Oh that reminds me. Brit asked me earlier today, if you wanted to be apart in her music video she's doing. She'd appreciate it if she'd have you support her it's for her first single. Okay, just let me know as soon as possible for further notification about that."

"Alright. And Justin. . ."

"Yes?"

I knew I should have spilled my feelings for him. I've been dying to tell him how I felt about ever since I was younger. Even when I went with Dylan I still liked him, a lot. It put me in a position where I was found jealous of another girl that might even like the same guy as me. Too bad I'm the one who's out of luck, while she's the one who's lucky. That's her name, Lucky. You know what's funny, considering we're both blondes we both have some similarities, taken by Justin(who talked about her twenty four seven, and gets on my nervous afterwards) my talkative friend of mine. Britney and I both love to dance(even though I hadn't danced in a very long time) we were both southern, kind, beautiful, funny, and majority of all fun to talk to. Physically we could be mistaken as sisters, only my color hair is a more honey color, while she has a more lighter color blonde. Our faces are another difference, I have a more baby face and button nose, when she. . . you know what I mean. Opposites, taking about Justin, she is a talented singer, she has a crazy side of her, has had more experience in dancing than I.