Chapter 18 ⚜

Late April, 1998

Just six months later, after the Halloween party at Philip Kater's house. Ryland had been acting strange around me. It's like he's uncomfortable being with me. I knew I shouldn't have kissed him in the first place. I knew this would had happened if I did. Well I guess this is the result of it, awkwardness. We still talk, just small talks. We don't hang out as much anymore, which sucks.

While all of this was affecting me, Jude was dating Philip Kater. After the party, him and Jude had been seeing each other. They've been going out since November and still going strong. All I could say, if she's happy, I'm happy.

It's weird, she told me in July she liked creepy Logan, and now she's dating Phil. Last week I mention his name she became grossed out. Sorry Logan, but Jude's found a real man, not some freak. As for Logan, he's stopped stalking me and moved on to some girl named, Wanda. I'm going to miss shoving him into a dumpster for trying to harass Jude, but it's for the best.

For some exciting news, Nsync had finally released their album, here in the US. I got a glance of it outside a local music store. I have listened to it, so far I liked it. My favorite song I've listened was God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You. Very touching and sweet. That's not all. I got a call from Justin three days ago, asking me if I'd like to go on tour with the group during summer break. Me, go around the world with the gang, hell yeah.

I just had to get permission, which both my parents said, yes. They both agreed, unless I brought Sam with me. It didn't bother me much though, she's been a better sister these last few months. I'm starting to like her more each day. I guess that confession was worth saying to her. But it wasn't only Sam joining me but Jude was coming too. Justin asked Trace but lately his been extremely busy. Same with Dylan.

I can't stand waiting for summer to come, because then I'll be off to other countries. "Hello?" I answered my phone. Hearing my phone ring out of nowhere.

"Rachel? It's me Dylan." How did he get my number? I never gave it to him, but someone had to.

"What the hell, do you want? I don't want to talk to you. And who gave you my number?" I asked angerly.

"Rach, forget about that for a minute. I need you to listen." He tried to calm me.

"Why? So you can get my approval of your new girlfriend?" The more I stayed in touched with him, the more I got upset. I should've had hunged up the moment I heard his voice.

"No, in fact I'm single if you're asking. But, what I need to tell you is that I can't stop thinking of you. I try and try to forget about you, but I just can't. I don't know what it is that makes me want more of you, but I love it. Your smile, the way you punch me or kick my shin when I'm acting like an idiot. I love it. All of it. Baby, I want you back. I can't resist any one taking you. I think I'm falling in. . ."

I think he was breaking down. I could almost hear him sob over the phone. I could feel his passion for me. But, I couldn't. My brain said, I want you back, but my heart said the opposite.

I didn't know if I should take him back or not. But this little part of me said, he could do much more than that. "Dylan, say no more. Okay. You know the reason we broke up. And this isn't the reason. I told you to wait for me, but if you keep pleading me you're gonna make it worse. If you're desperate for someone, go ahead and date someone. It won't bother me. I care for you, and always will. But if you truly want to be that guy I'm waiting for, go ahead and wait."

I paused. "And please Dyl, let this be the last time you beg me to go out with you again. I'm getting sick and tired of your apologies. I've gotta go, and please don't call me. Let me call you." I then discontinued our call.

Wow, after that conversation, I felt strong. Strong enough to tell Dylan to back off. Maybe with that attitude, I could confront Justin about my feelings for him. Afterwards, he'll then confess his feelings for me. Later he'll take me and kiss me in the moonlight, telling me he's always liked me and never Britney. If only it could come true. I've tried my hardest to quit liking him, but I can't seem to let go of those feelings. There's something about him that makes me want him so badly.

If I never had met him, and I had this secret crush for him as a band member, I'd stalk him. But that's never going to happen, 'cause I know him. He's my friend, now if I were desperate I would had been like Adrienne from The Crush. If I were as crazy as her, my parents would've sent me to rehab. I'm glad I'm not like her, because if I were I'd be following him everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE. Even the restroom.

Now that's crossing the line. Which weird that somehow I picture myself watching him in there. Creepy.

Suddenly, my phone rang, again. I took a look this time who it was. I sighed, it was just Justin.

"Hello?" I groaned. Pretending he'd woken me up.

"I didn't wake you up, did I? Because if I did I'll just call you tomorrow. It's not important."

"No, no it's fine. I'm not even sleepy, yet. Talk to me." I quickly ramble.

"O-kay. Likewise, I called to inform you Miss, that Nsync's first album has just been released at your local country. You've listened to it, right? If not I'm gonna come down there and force ya to listen to it twice. Not once, but twice."

"Ha-ha. Yeah right, like I'm going to believe that. You're across the world right now, and I doubt you'd come here at ten o'clock at night forcing to listen to the album." I smiled into my phone. "But there's no need for that, 'cause I already listened to it, for the fifth time. I dare you to do that."

"Challenge accepted, just a heads up I don't think I'm gonna succeed. I'll get annoyed by my voice real quick." I heard a few voices whispering in the background. "I'm ready for summer to come, we'll be on tour and I'll get to see you and Jude. My best friends, I've missed for so long."

"Don't forget Sam. She's joining us too." I reminded him.

"Right. How's she? Still the 'irratating' sister?"

"No, not anymore. I'm beginning to like her more each day. I guess our talk worked." He then asked me about Heather and Riley.

"Riley is such an angel. She's grown up so quick. She's turning two and Heather turned four, a week ago. She still hasn't said her first word, she's mute I tell you. Riley had beat her, she said hers last month. She said, toy. I don't get why Heather doesn't talk. If she doesn't soon, I'm gonna take her to some counselor."

"Rach, I know she's going to talk eventually. Just give it time. Listen, I got to go, these guys won't quit---I'll talk to ya later, bye-bye." He hung up after the last sentence.

I wondered what he meant of the guys. Was this a clue? Did Justin really like me after all? I closed my phone then placed it back on my nightstand. I climb on my bed and tucked myself in my comfy, soft bed. I rapidly draw in sleep with my mind full of questions that all referred back to him.

*******
Hello readers, forgive for writing a short chapter. Promise I'll make it up. Let me inform you that I'm trying to build plot twist so it takes some time to think about out it. Here's my gift to you all for being great readers. Thank you for reading my story and voting it makes my day knowing you all are reading it. By the way, what's your favorite Nsync song? Mine are Bye, Bye, Bye and God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You. Love you, readers.

----- Jenny the Bookworm