Chapter 25 ⚜

Next Day

"Rachel, wake up. Today's the day you will change the world." Mama rubbed my arm as she whispered to me to wake up. I was too tired to get up, since it was all Ryland's fault. Okay, maybe it was also my fault since we didn't get back from prom till eleven. He was lucky my parents didn't return until midnight.

Jude noticed when we got back we had full on made out for so long. Ryland and I did tell her about our story. Afterwards, Philip decided to have a movie marathon but Jude insisted to play truth or dare. Everyone voted either Jude's game or Philip's movie marathon. Obviously we all voted for Jude's game.

Reason is Jude makes games more interesting than an average person. All I've gotta comment about Jude's truth or dare is it was intense. Here's an example, if the person chose truth a question she'd ask would be: What type of pajamas do you wear to bed? That's only if you'd say truth. If it were dare it'd be something similar to this: Crack an egg on the opponents head.

Some of the dares were crazy! Kiss the person to your LEFT? Yep, yesterday I had to kiss Philip. It was not pretty. It was fun playing the game. Seeing Ryland with glittery pink painted nails, Philip skinny dipping in my pool, Trace eating crackers while trying to whistle, and especially Jude. Ha, her dare was hilarious. I loved watching her do it in front of us. She had to bite her boyfriend's nails!

It was one crazy night, but worth it. We end our game around eleven thirty. Jude stayed with me until my parents came back. Then the next day I predicted I'd sleep in all day, since yesterday was an unusual day for me. Sadly, I forgot to be reminded that today, yes, today was my senior graduation day. I'm graduating today, on this beautiful Sunday morning, at our high school's stadium.

It sucks that today, I can't sleep in, be lazy, or call my friends whenever I get bored. Because, it's my graduation day. I knew today I was going to make history in my family. I'll be the first female in my family to graduate at the age of fourteen. I know that's incredible. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get valedictorian, but instead I got salutatorian in my class. What's good about today is that now I won't have to go to school ever again. Just kidding, I might want to get a REAL job after I retire from modeling. Please this modeling career won't last. I'll be in the modeling industry for let's say about THREE years. Yep, I'm quitting after I feel is time for me to retire. In three years, baby!

Mama, told me that it'd be best if I sticked to the modeling industry all the way through my late teens to my mid-twenties. Hell, no Mom. I'm retiring probably when I hit twenty. Once I do retire, I'm gonna study to become something that I wish to be. I can't wait to finally get out of school, and I've only been in school with other kids for two years. No wonder lots of kids complain about school, I'd complain too if I were them. School is not for me. I asked Ryland on time why he picked to become a teacher in the first place. If you knew Ryland the real Ryland you'd understand why I ask why he's a teacher. The man is in love with theater. He should be in New York, working in Broadway. When I asked him why he picked to be a teacher, he told me it was the second thing he'd wish to work for since his first career was ruined. It was ruined for the fact that his agent totally ditched him for someone better. Not just that, but he got kicked out from his role, because the director found a better actor that suited the character better. Ryland tried to get a new agent and into a play, but no one cared to give him a chance.

So, he left Virginia(the place where he grew up) and took a job at teaching. He told me that it took him years to become a teacher, but he eventually made it. I could tell Ryland sometimes wishes he were back in the acting industry. He missed the life on stage. Ryland was only in the acting industry for a year after he graduated from his high school. What I secretly did for my boyfriend, for his love of theater, I recommended him to a play in New York City. I sent it out to the director and producers who were in charge of the play or should I say musical, a few months ago. So far no one has notified me back, but sooner or later they will.