Chapter 24 ⚜

Prom Night

"Thanks for joining me, Jude." I said with Heather sitting on my lap on the couch.

"Anything for my best friend Rach. Now, Rachel tell us about your new boyfriend. Philip and I'd like to know where, when, how, why, y'all hooked up." I blushed after she mentioned about that specific person. Not to mention my little sisters had no care for my love life. They were just there, sitting on Jude's and I's thighs as they watched their favorite TV show.

"Do y'all have any potato chips? I'm hungry." Trace said from the kitchen cabinet.

"Look down to the bottom cabinet, there should be some Lay's potato chips in there." I replied.

"Thanks."

"Rachel, let's get back to the juicy news. Tell us already." Jude pleaded.

"Fine, but not until my baby gets back." Of course, I wasn't going to tell them about Ryland and I until he came back. I told him as soon as possible that I couldn't go because my dad wouldn't fall for my white lie. So now Ryland's out partying while I'm stuck here babysitting with my friends. I asked Ryl if he'd come join us as soon as prom was over, in response he said, "Okay, baby."

Jude sighed, "Fine. But you're still going to have to spill it out tonight. You promised to tell us once your boyfriend gets back and I expect to hear it as soon as he gets here." Riley slept in Jude's arms just as Jude cuddled them both in Philip's arms. They seemed like a perfect couple Philip and Jude especially right then and there Jude holding my little sister. I thinking I'm seeing a wonderful family picture all of them lying on the couch.

"Rach, know what movies are on tonight?" He asked flipping through the channels, at the end of the TV show Riley and Heather were watching.

"I know they're airing The Godfather, The Little Mermaid, Back to the Future, Gremlins, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, and E.T. Pick your choice out of those movies. You're gonna have to look for them yourself, sorry I don't quite remember what channels they're airing the movies."

I picked up my latest James Patterson book I recently bought. I began reading my book until suddenly I heard Drew Barrymore's young voice on the TV they must have been watching E.T. All through the beginning of the movie, I couldn't get Ryland off my mind. I should've left my friends to watch over my siblings and I escape to prom. I wasn't exactly sure if I'd still have time to escape. It's almost seven thirty prom already begun. There's no point in going if I can't make it time.

"Rachel, go to prom. Philip, Trace, and I will take care of your sisters." Jude said, after she spotted me starring at my book.

"Really? And how did you know I wanted to go?" I questioned. I saved my spot from book and laid it on the coffee table.

"Yes. You don't have to stress out about us taking care of your sisters. I'm a pro at babysitting, you know I watch over my siblings. The way you looked at your book made me think of how much you miss him. I know that look you give him. Rachel and Ryland sitting in a tree, K.I.S.S.I.N.G. First comes love then comes marriage then comes a—"

"Stop, Jude! I get it, okay I'll go." I grabbed a hold of Heather's sleeping body and laid her flat on the couch. I kissed her little forehead then vanished up to my room.

"You go, girl! I knew you love him enough to sacrifice your night with him. You show him how much you love him." She whispered/ quietly yelled toward the stairs. I gave her a thumbs up.

Afterwards, I scanned to my room and searched inside my closest. I searched and searched for the perfect dress to empress Mr. Walston himself. It had to be a dress that'd make him lay his beautiful crystal blue eyes on me and only me. I wanted him to say, "Wow, she's hot the hottest girl I've ever seen. I can't believe she's my girlfriend." I wanted to feel the only girl he's laid his eyes on. Oh, wait didn't he already tell me that? Who cares, I needed him to have eyes for me and only me.