Chapter 12 ⚜

"Mama!" I shouted from my bedroom floor.

"Yes, Rachel?"

"Did you find my dress?" I yanked the door wide open.

I got ready to leave for L.A. that night so we could arrive on time tomorrow. I'd never been there, and this was considered a vacation trip for a day. I had nothing on my mind but tomorrow evening.

Neither parents or siblings were coming with me. Me, Ms. Harless, Paul, and a remarkable person were going to California. I planned on my mom coming but she couldn't since she had to take care of Riley and Heather. Plus my dad had a tight schedule all week for an upcoming book publishing. Sam, I refused to ask her. I didn't want to take her because she'd just annoy the life out of me.

Jude couldn't come because she had finals to study for, same was for Trace. Dylan, I didn't know if I should bring him along. After our break up, we've been cool, but it just seemed awkward to bring him. I mean we broke up last week!

I was intended to leave to the airport at five in the afternoon. How was I expected to get everything I needed in that time period, if I just started packing two hours before leaving? Or the fact that I still need someone to come with me. I had two plane tickets along with two invitations to the party that I got from Justin.

I made my way to the laundry room searching for my dress. "Mom, where is it?!" I seized open the dyer and took the clothes out. I threw them on the floor desperately searched for my dress.

"Young lady, what the. . .what are you doing?" I heard a voice yell behind me.

"Don't you see I'm looking for something?" I enraged at the voice.

Seconds later, I found someone pause me then overheard the voice say, "I have your dress, but before I hand it over you have to put back the clothes and clean this mess up." The person broke their grip from my wrists.

I looked from my shoulder and saw my mother exit the room. I obeyed her and cleaned up the laundry room. It was long but worth fixing up.

Afterwards, I was set to go to my bedroom, before I gazed at my dress just as I finished. I admired it as it that sat over our brown leather couch. It was the only and forever dress I would ever wear.

It was simple but it matched me, no one else. I slid it on my arm then rushed to the stairs. It was the last set of piece to complete my backpack. I loaded it with things I'd need; shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, jeans, basketball, shirts, undergarments, bedwear, money, Brownie my stuffed animal.

Yes, I'd admit, I needed my stuffed dog to sleep with. I knew it's childish but I needed him. I've had him since I was five the first night we lived in New York City. Daddy had taken me out telling me the amazing places there, when I couldn't sleep. I couldn't listen to him, because I would never like it. As soon as after we spent twenty minutes driving around the city, I found myself staring at the stuffed animals.

Dad saw this and took me inside the store. There I spotted the animal that out spoke me; Brownie. Even since then I've never left him behind. He'd been there when I was in Boston, Orlando and now Los Angeles.

Nobody knew about him, but my parents and Sam. I promised myself to never reveal it to anyone else, ever. Not Dylan, Jude, Trace or even Justin.

I zipped up my backpack before grabbing Justin's envelope. I glazed at it dazzled at my friend. It's been two very long years without seeing him, but tomorrow we'll reunited.

"Rach, your mother's waiting out. Are you ready?" Daddy asked in the doorway outside her room.

"I'll be out in a few minutes." I responded as he entered the room.