Chapter 23 ⚜

"It's that time of the year for y'all to get your party on because iiiiiiit's PROM NIGHT! This Saturday, May twenty second. Come and have some fun there will drinks, snack and full entertainment! Hope to see y'all there. For further announcements. . ."

Well its prom night this Saturday. I was so psyched about it. I was going to have an opportunity to hang out and have some fun with my girlfriends. Yeah, right! Why should I care if it's prom night? That's too much for this girl. I'd rather spend half my day with Brit instead of dancing around with people I don't know.

In my opinion, prom night is stupid. It's silly to dress up, go to prom, later get drunk, then get laid. Okay, I know I'm being stereo typical but it's true for the most part. There's no point for me to go out there and spend some time dancing around the dance floor. I have better things to do than go to prom. I was about to forget, I had to go to visit Grandma Janice on Saturday. Thank God Grandma Janice asked to see me and my sisters over the weekend. Which means I won't be at my house ALL Saturday and Sunday! I can wait to get out of town and see my grandma and grandpa for two straight days. It's my mini vacation I was taking from all this stress I was going through. It's good to be me.

"Miss. Films, may I have a word with you?" I shook my head before I looked straight into Ryland's eyes. It was already after class, so there's no worries about anything since no one was in the room besides us two.

"Sure, Mr. Walston." I gathered my stuff and walked toward Ryland's brown wooden desk where he sat.

Instead of standing in front of his desk, I hoisted myself on the desk. For which I landed sitting right in front of Mr. Walston. "What's up?" I dropped my bag down to the floor.

"Rachel you know much I like you a lot, and I understand that you don't want to start a relationship right this instant. If your going to ask, I'm not going to ask you out right now, but ask you to come to prom. I'm going to be on duty to announce the winner for the Prom King and Queen. I know how much you despise prom, but I need you to be there. I'll die if I have to go through another one of Ms. Calmon's awkward flirting moments." He got a hold of my hands and squeezed the life out of them.

"For the love of God, I'll do anything to get away from that woman. She drives me crazy I sometimes feel like someone should shoot me. I can't stand one more moment being around that crazy nut woman. Doesn't she know I'm only twenty-two and she's ugh forty." He held my hands even tighter than before. "So, whatdaya say?"

I wasn't quite sure if my grandma would appreciate me skipping my visit to see her. I don't wanna make her upset and think I'd rather spend time with friends than her. We haven't seen each other for a long time. The last time we all saw each other—including Grandpa Fred—was at my dance recital. Yes, everyone I'm back to taking dance classes. It's more of a ballerina recital since we're on our tippy-toes most of the time. I'm enjoying the class and I'm positive I won't drop out this time like last time. Long story of why Rachel Films dropped outta dance class, but going back to my grandparents they've missed all of us so much since then now they're asking for us to go spend some time with them.

And when they ask for me and my sisters they expect us all to be there. Never in my life have I ever skipped outta of a weekend with my grandparents. I sure didn't want either, but what was I gonna do? Spend time with Ryland or grandparents? Ryl needed me, and I didn't wanna be a stubborn friend and say no.

"Ryl, if it means so much for me to go then I'll go, but you owe me big time. I mean it I'm missing out on quality time with my grandparents for you." He rose up and unloosed his hand from mine to kiss me. I didn't care if his lips were on mine because I secretly waited for him to kiss me, again. I ached for his lips to meet mine. I loved his sweet, soft lips pressed upon mine. Whenever I was around Ryland It felt very different from how I was around Justin. This might have been a good thing I decided to leave out on going to Grandma Janice's house, because I'd get to forget about my problems with that one person.