Chapter 26 ⚜

Next Week, Friday

"Rachel, mail arrived for you!" Dad hollered to the living room.

I stood from my seat and walked up to my dad. "Thanks, Daddy." I said, with a kiss on the cheek. I then left to the kitchen.

I flipped over the envelope that had arrived for me. The front of the envelope read in huge letters, MUST OPEN IMMEDIATELY. So I did. I tore the envelope open and inside there it was. The request for Ryland! It came back. This is amazing, I couldn't believe my eyes.

I read through the letter making sure that they wanted Ryland instead of being a scam. It read as below.

Dear Ms. Films,

We have received you recommendation for Ryland Walston. Thank you for your recommendation. We are glad to find someone for our next play coming up. We want to advise that we have accepted Mr. Walston to join our crew. The crew members will like to have Mr. Walston as soon as possible in New York City by next week. We find Mr. Walston an amazing person whom we will like to have apart of our team. Thank you once again, Ms. Films for your recommendation. Our team could have not thank you enough.

Sincerely,

Michael Martin- director.

Here it is my recommendation. And it passed! I knew it would. I'm glad it did, because if it didn't I would have been ashamed. The best part about this, Ryland got to carry on with acting. Just thinking of his reaction in my head, made me feel like the greatest girlfriend he could ever ask for.

I should tell Ryland right now before it's too late. I got out of the house as fast as I could. I didn't tell my parents where I was heading. The letter to Ryland was more important than my safety. Ryland needed to know, before it was too late.

Mistakenly, I miss placed my money in my other spare of jeans I had. It made me pissed that I had to walk all the way to Ryland's house. What sucked was his house was located in the back of downtown. I had no choice but to go on foot to his house.

It took a long time to get there, but I at least made it. Sometimes I'd wish I could drive myself to places. That'd had made life easier for me. Either way, I still got there, barely.

I stepped up his front stairs to his house and rang his door bell. "I'm coming." I heard behind the door. Seconds later, the person behind the door unlocked their door and showed themselves.

"Yes?" Ryland asked.

"Ryland, we need to talk." I by past him from the doorway.

"Now?"

"Yes." I got a hold of his wrist. I shut the door behind us then walked off to a room. I'd say his office. I locked to the door behind me for no reason. Okay I didn't want him to escape from the room.

"Rachel, what's happening?"

"Ryl, quit asking questions and sit your ass down on that chair." I took charge.

He sat on his black leather chair and listened closely. I sighed before I started. "Ryl, I made a recommendation. A recommendation about you to some producers in New York City. I sent the recommendation a few months ago. Until today, I got letter from them. It read that you, sir, got accepted to star in a musical. And that they want you to be there by next week."

I stepped closer to him. "Baby, it's time for you to go be yourself once more. This your moment to shine. You'll regret it if you don't," I said. "Whatdaya say?"

He became silent for a minute or two. "What choice do I have? Of course I'm going." He jumped on his feet and picked me up from the floor and twirled me.

"Ryl, put me down," I cried out.

He sat me back down and as he did he pulled me into a big fat kiss. To say thank you. "Thank you so much, baby. I couldn't ask for anything better than this."

"No problem." I replied. I was in fact happy for him, but at the same time disappointed. This meant we'd have to have long distance relationship. He's moving and I'm moving, and we're still going out. I was hoping that this relationship could work out.

"I gotta go. I need to finish packing, since I'm leaving tomorrow morning." I excused myself.

"Yeah, that's fine." He let go of me and slid his palms into his jean pockets. "Well this it. Tomorrow will be a new beginning. I wish you the bestest luck. I'm going to miss you so much babe. I know I've said it so many times, but it's the truth." He said guiding me to the front door.

"I'll miss you more." I lifted myself to my tippy-toes and gave him one last kiss good-bye.

"Don't you forget about me." I said. With that I left happily. I smile in my face appeared the minute I left his house.

I couldn't wait till we see each other once again. Maybe during the fall, Thanksgiving or even till Christmas. Who knows, we just had to wait and see.

In the meantime, I had to get my mind off my boyfriend and focus on my career. This was the time for me to show off my looks to the press on the magazine lines. It was time to shine my light and move forward, because it's Films' time.