Chapter 32 ⚜

Late September, 2001

"Happy birthday, Daddy!" I stretched my arms open to hug him. "It's so good to see you again, honey. I missed you." Dad murmured.

"Rachel, come here." Mama reached out to. "Mom." I said, releasing my grip from Daddy.

"I missed you." She pulled me to her. "We all did, sweety." She lets go of me.

Out of nowhere, my siblings ran up to me. "Rachel, you're back!" Riley yelled from a distance. She rushed over to me as Heather followed behind her. My Heather still couldn't speak, and she's already six. My mom tried taking her to see a Speech-Language Pathologist to help her communication. Heather did comprehend what someone told her, but she couldn't speak to the person.

"I missed you guys too." I bent down to my knees to give them kisses. "Where's Dylan?" Riley asked. I thought maybe that Riley spent too much time with Jude the last time she came to visit. Riley never was too nosy about my personal life, but now she was.

"Um, Dylan couldn't make it, baby. He said he had to catch up in work he's been working on lately." My recent boyfriend, Dylan had been a great boyfriend for the past years that've we've been dating. Always being there when I needed him, being the best he could be. But lately he's been acting strange. It began back when Justin showed up to my place and spent the whole day with me.

Justin had come by to spend the day, because the day before it was my birthday. And he thought it would be nice to go see me for the whole day. I told Dylan about my day with my best friend, whom I haven't seen for a long time. When I told Dylan, his reaction was nothing I expected. He was jealous of my best friend. We had to talk over trust issues. Once that meeting was over, he understood and was chill with it.

But now whenever I asked for him, he's always somehow busy. I had no idea what was up with Dylan, but it needed to stop. Plus my sisters all adore him the last time he came over to my parents' house; last Christmas.

Especially one particular sibling, Sam. Those two were getting close, too close I might say, but in a good way. It's best if you have your siblings like your boyfriend than hate him.

I did have to tell my parents about Dylan being my boyfriend. I was shocked to know my dad accept the relationship. Even though in the past, he hated Dylan. Now he doesn't. I knew for sure the only guy my dad ever liked was, Justin. Don't know why, but he always did.

On the other hand, my mom thought that our relationship was back when we graduated, she thought he was my boyfriend from then. But I being selfs I told her, Dylan was my secret boyfriend. I knew it was a lie, but I refused to say I dated someone else back then. My dad would have been psyched about knowing this other boyfriend.m

As for Dylan's parents, they loved me. They thought I was a perfect angel who fell from heaven. Although they already knew way beyond before we got the chance to tell them about our relationship, since they got the information from Dylan's agent.

"Oh, if you see Dyl, tell him I say-ed I missed him." She unwrapped herself from me. "I will, baby." I kissed Riley and Heather's heads.

I rose from the ground, when I felt a tug on my dress I wore. I had to look presentable for my dad's birthday surprise.

"Rach, I wanna show you my new dall Daddy got for me." She grasped my palm and pulled me upstairs to her room, which used to be my old bedroom.

Riley opened her bedroom door in which appeared to me that my blue color shade wall was gone. The walls were now green with pink pockdots. At least my furniture was the same, except for the accessories. Like for example, my favorite fuzzy blue lamps, in case your wondering I took it to my apartment and put my them in my new room.