Chapter 36 ⚜

Mid Febuary, 2002

I took a shower early that morning of my court date. I was finally going to sue my ex for stealing from me. I fixed my hair by putting it up in a ballerina bun. I had to dress professional for court, so I had to get myself a suit to wear. I bought the suit myself without any help from anyone.
It was a normal attire that a woman would wear to court; a black tight skirt, white blouse, black suit jacket, black heels. I stared at my reflection from the bathroom mirror and said, "Rachel, you are one fine woman."

I know I'm finally seventeen! Almost a woman. Next year all legally be able to retire from my modeling career. I became excited for this time to come, then I would've gotten the chance to move back to my old town and start going back to school. College time for me.

If I were to go back to college I'd have no clue what I would have been. I always had dreams of starting my own band. Maybe have Justin help me out with the band. Possibly be one of the lead singers.

Too bad I couldn't ask him, since he had other things to focus on, like his first solo coming out. That year I knew was going to be a different year from the other past years. I was going to do something different. That was my goal that year.

I gathered my stuff. Check if I had everything I needed. I had to have my court papers, cell phone, identification, wallet (for further shopping reference). Once I checked, I hoisted my leather Coco purse from the kitchen island.

This was going to be my first time I'd seen Dylan back when we had broken up. I had pictured him looking like a huge mess, luckily I haven't seen him in magazines, because it would've driven my crazy looking at him all the time everywhere.

As for our break-up, the media found out about it. It was the latest gossip news for a month, rambling about how Dylan cheated on me with sluts. Or the fact that I lost my VIRGINITY to a badass. First of all, I had no idea why they'd say shit about my sex life. Do they even know how old I was? Seventeen people!

Well Dylan and I did break up last year, okay I was sixteen. It got worse, my parents found about it. I had to be given the 'talk' about sexual relationships. I had to explain to them about the false information they were given. But I was still stuck listening to my dad rattling about girls who have sex at a young age.

I know Dad, there's possibilities of getting a disease or pregnant. But I'm still a virgin. I was so glad I made the right choice of waiting, because then I would've regretted all of it. If I would've given it to Dylan there'd been a chance any of this wouldn't had happen, but our relationship would've been trashed. Maybe.

While I was here having shit being thrown to my face, on the other side of the country, my friend, Jude got engaged last month to her longtime boyfriend, Philip. I was so happy for her, she was going to marry the man of her dreams next year. Actually I didn't know when they were planing to have the wedding, but it had to be between a year or two.

Jude had told me about her engagement being a total romantic scenario. She said, Philip had proposed outside her favorite place in the entire world, Walmart. I knew she'd love it. Walmart was the only supermarket she ever loved to shop at, but for some reason Jude had an obsession of going there plenty of times. Not to mention there was a McDonald's there too. I couldn't forget her fiancé used to work there, too.

Jude didn't care what people told her about her weirdness, she loved Walmart and if there was anyone that was bothered by that she'd tell them to go fuck themselves. Rude people.

I arrived to the city hall, by walking in heels that nearly twisted my ankles. I refused to let Logan drive my to the city hall because I wasn't going to be those rich girls who desperately needed a ride. Which made me realize that I was almost eighteen, I needed to get myself a car and take lessons on drive, plus I needed a license to drive. Then I wouldn't need Logan to drive me everywhere, instead I'd drive myself.