Chapter 35 ⚜

Early November, 2001

Friday night, I was spending time with my best friend, Justin. I had to order two boxes of pizza, since Justin refused to make me cook. There we were, sitting on my couch, talking about my ex-boyfriend.

"He what?" Justin freaked out.

"Stole from me," I said, "and he cheated on me with whores. Let's not forget my sister."

"He slept with Sam, too!" Justin came by to my apartment as soon as he came back from touring with the band from their previous album release, No Strings Attached. He didn't bring Britney like how I expected her to come, but he came alone.

"Yup. And she is going to pay." I sipped my can of Sprite. "Wait until I tell Mom and Dad."

"Your parents don't know?" I shook my head. "How come?"

"Oh, don't you worry I will, but just not now." I lowered the volume from watching Friends. As of then, I tried to part some time away from Disney, so as a replacement I watched comedy TV shows, plus Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

"I'm so sorry. I knew I had a feeling, Dylan was gonna do something behind your back." Justin looked at me then laid his coke on the coffee table.

"Um. . . If I may entertain you with some exciting news, I'm going to begin my own solo album." I turned to Justin.

"What?" I mumbled.

"I'm going to make a solo album." I knew this was important news. Justin was finally gonna shoot his dreams come true.

"I'm so happy for you." I smiled at him. Then wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. I let go of him. "When are you going to record this album?"

"Next year." I laid my drink with Justin's on the coffee table.

"At least you're having good luck. I'm getting shit in my life." I fell onto my side, where my legs fell onto his lap. I got excited inside of being in that position I lay in.

"Don't you say that Rachel, because that is not true." Justin didn't dare touch my legs, but rather than laid his arms over my couch. "You're going to New York. That must be some awesome place to work at."

"No. I hate New York and you know that. You know I hate the city. Except Los Angeles. Anywhere besides that city I'd go, hell if I were to go back to Massachusetts I would. It's better than New York."

"You can't hide from the city. You have to try living there, you might now, but you'd might like it there. I know I do."

"Justin, how's Britney doing? I haven't seen her in a while. I called her weeks ago to have a girls day out, but she told me she was busy. Is she still working on making music videos?"

"Rach, she's starring in a movie. Of course she's busy. I could understand her schedule, I'm her boyfriend. Along with her new tour, for her newly released album." I did hear that Britney was starring in a movie, but I didn't think it was serious.

I had bought Britney's album, but didn't touch it yet. I planned to listen to it, once all the court issues were over. I got in touched with my lawyers about my incident with my ex about stealing from me. Our court date was schedule next month. I was going to go there and sue him for being a thief to me.

"Do you know when it'd be an appropriate time I could spend some time with her?" I ate the last slice of pizza.

"I'll try to ask her. Brit's been wondering the same thing, but she was too embarrassed to ask, because you know you've got your life full of work. She wasn't sure if you had been busy lately." Justin took a drink from his Coca-Cola.

"I'm so proud of her. She's been doing so well these past years. Her albums are genius. I'm think about having Britney helping me with the album. Maybe you can help too. Help me with lyrics to the songs." He wiped his napkin over his mouth. Taking the grease off his mouth.

"Justin, I'd be happy to help you. I was think if you'd let me give you some help on making—"

RING

RING

I paused as soon as my phone rang from the table counter, next to the TV. I ran quickly toward the TV and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Yes. Is this Rachel Films?" A woman with a British accent said through the phone line.

"Yes, ma'am. Who is this?" I put in thought who'd be calling me up later at night. I knew Jude would've, but Jude doesn't have a British accent.

"Sorry, forgot to introduce myself. My name is Juliet Hunklebelt, I'm your lawyer. I heard you are filing for a sue, from Dylan Stevenson, is that right?"

"Yes."

"Great. I've settled a court sue, but don't know what day you'd like that. What day will you be free until?"

I turned to Justin. I smirked at him. "I'm thinking maybe, February of next year? I'm gonna be busy these up coming months. Plus February is the best time I'd be available."

"Okay then. I'll set that court date until February. Linda will chose the date in which this will be held. I will keep in contact with you, Ms. Films and I will talk to you later. Good night to you, Ms. Films." She then hung up.

I looked over at Justin. "Okay then." I turned to my phone to look at my home screen. I threw my phone on the coffee table then sat back down.

"What was that about?" Justin was curious.

"Court dates for the sue." I told him. "It's going to begin until February, because I'm busy these following months."

"Hum. That's interesting." Justin leaned over to me. "Let me give ya a hug." He opened his arms wide then brought me to a huge bear hug.

"Justin." I giggled into his chest.

"I've missed you. I can't stand this destination apart from us. I need my best friend. You are the best." Justin laid his chin above my hair.

"I missed you, too. I don't know what I would have done if I never met you."

"Would you have still liked Nsync?" he questioned.

"I don't know. It'd be hard to know if I am a fan of all music, not so much of music nowadays like pop, r & b, soul, all those types of genre." I unloosen myself from him. "You know I'm a fan of Bon Jovi. Rock is my favorite."

"Yeah, and I'm a Michael Jackson fan. I'm a person who loves dance music." I took the remote control from the table. "I'll betcha ten dollars you can't dance like Michael Jackson."

"I can betcha twenty dollars you can't sing like Bon Jovi." I switched the channels to MTV videos they were airing

"Oh we'll see about that." I challenged him.