Chapter 46⚜️

A Month Later

"Hey, Justin. It's Beth, what time are you coming over, again?" Beth asked, when I was in the middle of writing songs for my album.

"Around six thirty, seven the latest. Are you excited to meet my mom and step-dad? I told them about you from the beginning of our relationship. I'm sure they like you already." I tried to make Beth feel comfortable in meeting my parents for the first time. I know we had been dating for four weeks, but I had to let her know who was the center of my life.

When I told Beth I was planning in inviting her to my house to meet my family she freaked. Of course she'd freak, we had been dating for FOUR weeks. Who'd like to meet their partner's parents after dating for four weeks?

I only did it to make any awkwardness go away when I took her to my house and hung out there. It was supposed to be a dinner where my parents knew who Beth truly was. Plus with this dinner it'd gave us a good view of how our relationship is either strong or weak.

"I don't know if I'm ready to meet them just yet. I'm worried they'd see me negatively. That's how my ex's mom looked at me. They've all seen me like some whore their sons bring to dinner. I don't want your mom to think the same." Beth said.

"Don't worry too much, baby. I promise my mom will not be like your exes' moms. She's not your average mom you know. I'm sure she'll love you just the way you are. I can't wait to see your sexy self. I've been dying to be close to you, if you know what I mean." I joked.

Beth laughed. "Justin, stop it! Okay, well I'll see you tonight, and I'll be sure to wear my sexiest dress I own just for you, baby."

"I can't wait. See you later, babe." Then I hung up.

Mom's going to love Beth. I can just feel it in my gut. I can't wait to see Mom impressed with the girl I brought home. She'll love her from the moment she sees Beth. She'll even love her more than she'd loved Britney when we were dating. Who knows what's in store tonight. I just have to wait and see what happens next.

***********

"Justin, I'm nervous." Beth held my hand as I parked my car in the driveway.

"Don't be, baby." I turned off the car engine. "It's all going to be all right. I promise."

"I don't know. What if your mom doesn't like me at all? What if she's like the rest of my exes' moms?" She undid her seat belt still holding my hand.

"Baby, why are you stressing out so much? You haven't even met my mom yet. Please get rid of this doubt she's going to hate you, because I know she's gonna love you." I lifted her hand I held to my lips. Then pressed my lips on her knuckles.

"I like you too much to let you go. Mom's gonna love you." I undid my seatbelt then opened my door.

"Okay. I'll relax and enjoy myself. I mean it is Friday night. This is supposed to be a relaxing night not a stressed out night." Beth hopped out of the vehicle.

I walked over to the other side of the car and intertwined my hand with Beth's. Then walked to my front door. Mom's going to adore Beth. I thought as we walked.

Beth pressed the door bell once we arrived at the front door. Beth grasped my hand tighter as we waited for my mom to answer the door.

"Justin!" She ran up to me and welcomed me with a warm hug. She then glanced over to Beth. "And this must be Beth." She let go of me. My mom gave Beth a hug too.