Chapter 28 ⚜

After a long whole day with Linda, I got home until midnight. As soon as I returned I rushed to my bed. I snuggled up with Brownie in my arms. It wasn't until then morning came, and a ring on my doorbell rung.

Bizz

Bizz

"Ugh, why do people have to wake me up so early." I yelled all the way to front door. "Do you know people are sleeping!"

I unlocked the door to open up to a well known lady name, Linda. The woman with short light brown hair, carrying two full folders, a planer, and in her hand a cup of coffee.

"Hello, dear. I've come to take you clothes shopping. Don't try arguing with me, young lady. It's recommended that you do everything single thing I say. You know to the rules." She entered the apartment and stepping into the living room. She took a minute to look around the place. She laid her items on my coffee table soon after she smoothed her white skirt so she could sit properly.

"And for reference, please keep this place clean. Sooner or later I'll have to invite guests to come visit your place. I can't have them think you're a messy child. No one in the business would like that, now would they?"

Yeah, sure my apartment looked like trash, but it was only because I didn't have any time to clean up. It wasn't a huge mess, it's only boxes of stuff I haven't yet unpacked.

"No." I replied.

"Great, now go get ready. Sidney is waiting for us downstairs. She's going to help you find more clothes and a dress for tonight's party." She waved her hand which referred to 'go do what I asked.'

I was too exhausted to get out and shop. How was I supposed to live life like this, if Linda takes me out super early then drops me off really late? This woman needed to get time management straight. I was still a teenager, who needs their nine hours of sleep. Not five hours.

Instead of impressing Linda with my outfit I did the complete opposite. I wore an old black t-shirt with Bon Jovi in the front, that I found not so long ago. I first got the shirt when my dad took me to a Bon Jovi concert back before I met Dylan, and my little sisters were born. I tied the oversized t-shirt with a hairband. I got my favorite baggy blue jeans and slid them on with a leather belt. Once I did my belt it felt tight, very.

"What the hell is going on?" I said under my breath.

I undid my belt and noticed the tightness left. "Did I gain some weight?" I took a look at myself at my mirror, lifted my shirt up and saw I still had my flat belly. "No."

"Hurry, Rach." Linda hollered in the other room.

"I'm coming." I let my shirt fall back down.

I then left to my bathroom and grabbed my hair clipper. I quickly did a messy French twist and clipped the clip onto my twist. I ran out of the bathroom, put on my black sneakers on, next thing I know I saw Linda tapping her foot impatiently with her arms crossed over her chest.

"We're late! I'm not even going to ask about that hideous wardrobe you got there." She hoisted her things from the table she left them long ago.

"May I ask, where we're going?" I opened the door for Linda.

"No, dear. Leave that as a surprise. For now, less talking, more moving." Linda said, shutting the door behind her. Luckily I locked my door before I left.

************

"Ms. Films, how about this one?" Sidney, my wardrobe specialist, asked. She held an ugly turquoise dress, showing me

I shook my head. "Can you find something that can match who I am?" I gently asked.

"I'll try."