Chapter 37 ⚜

"Can I?" I asked Jude who stood in her small apartment she and her fiancé were renting.

"Rach, you're a mess. Get in, your soaking wet." Jude pulled me inside. I had been walking all over Florida soaking wet since it began raining when I arrived. The worst part was I didn't bring anything but my jacket I wore to protect me from the rain.

"Philip, come help Rach with her suitcases." Jude yelled toward the kitchen where it was seen that Philip had been cooking dinner. It was late at night when I arrived at Jude's place, because of my late flight to Florida.

"Let me take your jacket." I slid off my jacket and gave it to Jude. She hung it over her sofa. "I'm gonna let it dry here." Philip had taken my cases and dropped them off in their guest room. "You should get dried up. Go take a shower you must be exhausted from your trip." Jude insisted.

"No. I'm fine. I'll just change out of these clothes and put on some dried ones." I turned to Philip who'd came back from my room and thanked him.

I did tell Jude over the phone about spending some time away from California. I told her about how .my case went. But I didn't mention the part of me 'hooking up' with Dylan. It wasn't even a hook up, more like a revenge for what that ass did to me.

I knew I would never love him or intend to. I bet that he only said that shit to me because he wanted to fuck me. In conclusion, that was all Dylan ever wanted from me. I never knew why he wouldn't wait in the first place. If he never had tried to convince me to have sex with him, I might have had done it. Then I knew that Dylan wasn't the right person to do it with first, and I wasn't going to allow him be my first. I mean he was already my first kiss AND boyfriend. Hasn't he had enough of me?

My first kiss was never planned to be with Dylan. It's sad, but true. I never wanted to kiss him in the beginning, instead I wanted to kiss Justin. I didn't think about Justin as often like before, I was beginning to not see him more than a friend anymore. More because I dated plus he's dating a beautiful girl I couldn't compare to. All of those feelings I had for Justin magically disappeared.

It was no more, oh Justin love me. It was more like, Justin I'm here for you. Even if we did go out it would've been awkward if we broken up. I didn't want that to over come our friendship. Our friendship meant a lot more than a stupid crush.

I fell onto my knees and opened a suitcase. I randomly grabbed a tee, undergarments, and sweats from the suitcase. I laid my clothes on the bed as I undressed myself. Just as I was removing my top, my phone had begun to ring. I had thought it was Dylan who was going to call me back. I needed to remind myself to change my phone number, because my ex was a creep.

But it was Grandma Janice who was calling. "Grandma Janice?" I put on a tee before answering her.

"Hi honey, I called to make sure you're alright. Are you?" I smiled.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I won the case." I mentioned.

"That's great. Your mother is worried about you. You know about the break up, court case, work. She asked if you wanted you could stay in Tennessee for a few weeks to take a break from the public eye. But if you don't want to I understand you can—"

"Grandma Janice, I'm fine. I'm in Florida with my friend, Jude. And I'm not so sure if going back to Tennessee would be the best. There's someone there I'm not ready to see again right now. I think Florida is the best place to settle right now. Maybe soon I'll go visit you up at Georgia. I've been wanting to know how Georgia has been doing." I sat down on the bed as I took off my jeans. Then exchanged them with sweats.

"Is this about Sam?" She asked.

"No. Why would you bring her up?" I began to rub my arm with my hand.