Chapter 52⚜️

Early November, 2002

"Great news, Rach!" I said on the phone. I was calling early in the morning to tell Rachel some important news.

"What is it, Jay?" She groaned. I could tell she had just woken up.

"I'm finally gonna release my album!" I gripped my phone.

"Really? I'm so proud of you Justin." She laughed.

"Thanks, Rachy. Hey, listen. There's going to be a party at the recording studio tonight. We're gonna celebrate the release of my solo album, and I'm supposed to bring a date tonight. Would you care to be my date for the evening?" I was nervous. I knew that we've been hanging out tons these last few months, but still I haven't asked her the question. I wanted her to be mine, but I had to keep her promise.

I promised that Rachel and I will be as friends at first, and when it was the appropriate time, we'd go out. Be a couple.  And tonight was the right moment to ask her.

"First of all, Justin, please don't call me Rachy. You know I hate being called that. I had to suffer being called that nickname with your ex, and I'm not going to go through that suffrage again. Second, I will be happy to accompany you to your album release party. But no funny business, okay? Don't be like my ex, Dylan that made me feel very uncomfortable last time." Rachel explained.

"Don't worry, sugar plum. I'd never make you feel uncomfortable anywhere. For extra information about this party, it starts at eight and I will pick you up around seven. Oh, and please wear anything you feel like wearing, but don't go too fancy. I'm betting everyone is going casual or simple. Don't overdo your wardrobe like my ex, Bethany did." I explained.

"Okay. Thanks, pumpkin. I'll talk to ya later. Kisses." She closed off with air smooches.

God, this woman was amazing. I couldn't wait for tonight to arrive, because it was going to be one spectacular night. I just feel it.

*************

I waited outside Rachel's house, not her parents' house, but her property. Rachel had bought a house last month, before Heather's birthday. She planned to host a birthday party for Heather and Riley(once it was time for her birthday). And Rachel's house was humungous. . . just kidding. Her house was simple and small compared to her parents.

I liked her small house. It suited her. The house included: one kitchen, one living room, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a laundry room, a garage, a basement, a patio, and a mini driveway. Her small mailbox was cute. Her mailbox that sat outside of her house, said: Ms. Films. It was painted a bright side of blue, since it was one of her favorite colors.

Rachel had it made I tell you. But something was missing. Something that will comfort her in her tough times. Something that will make her smile every day. Something that could give her kisses at special moments. Something that kept her safe. Rachel needed a . . .

"Justin!" Rachel ran up to me, where I leaned against my car parked outside her driveway.

"Hey, beautiful." I grabbed her by the waist and lifted her up. She rested her legs against my waist and gave me feisty kisses.

"I've been waiting for you." She smiled.

"Me too. What took you so long?" I put her down.

"My parents called. It wasn't anything important."

I then opened the passenger door for Rachel. She stepped in. I hopped to the other side of the car and then started the car. Rachel looked precious tonight. She wore a short black ruffle skirt, that showed her mid-thigh. She also wore a red spaghetti strap shirt. Her hair was straighten which made her look hotter than the other times I saw her.