2

(y/n)'s pov:

If I had to describe this family reunion in one word it would definitely be awkward.

I was happy to see my brothers and they were surely happy to see me, but we haven't seen each other for years and we didn't know what to talk about. Brothers tried to ask me about school and how my life was but  conversation was too stoic. 

"(y/n)?"

"Yes Rindo?"

"Why did you stopped writing us?"

F*ck. I know they will ask this question. Rin seemed to notice my embarrassment because he added.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

"No, no it's just ... I don't know how to put it ..."

Damn what now? I didn't know how to put it in words. I know that I probably hurt them ... damn I should have write to them. 

"I don't really know how to explain it. At some point I realized that I don't really know you anymore, these letters was all I got and it wasn't enough. I used to write you about every little thing that happened but that started to feel odd lately, I was worried I'm just bothering you. One day I just realized I don't know about what should I write anymore, I tried to write you but then I trow the letter away because I didn't like it. I was just delaying the moment when I'll really write to you and before I realized it weeks or months have passed. I'm sorry I should have just write you and don't think about it that much."

Rindo looked like he didn't know what to say and Ran looked lost too. Then Rindo speak.

"I know what you mean (y/n). We also didn't know what to write to you about. I really enjoyed reading about these everyday things you used to write about but when you stopped I never asked you why. When you didn't write it took us too long to decide to write to you and since we didn't know what to write we write you  just brief letters. We should have written you more often."

I didn't expect that. How could he think it's their fault? I was the one who didn't write to them and ignored their's letters for weeks. 

"No Rin it isn't your fault, I -"

"Oh come on you two, are you going to spend the whole night arguing about whose fault it is?" 

Ran interrupt me before I got to finish my sentence. But he was right arguing about it was useless. 

"We don't think it's your fault sis. By the way we got you gifts." 

"What? Why would you get me gifts?"

"Oh come on princess we missed at least 4 of your birthdays so we decided to get you something small now."

Ran disappeared in his room, probably to get gifts, and I stayed alone with Rindo. 

"You dyed your hair."

Rindo point at my hair. My natural hair colour was black but now it was dyed blond with light blue strips in it. 

"Yeah, I did. It remind me of how you and Ran used to dyed your hair, so I dyed it blond ... you know to fit in the family."

"It suits you." 

"Thanks."

Rindo played with his own hair. His hair was shorter than before and so was Ran's, I assumed it was because of how they had to cut it in juveline. He used to dye it blond with blue strings, just like me, but now it was black. I actually dyed my hair like this because it remind me of him. Ran came back with two bags. He was smiling like the gifts were for him, Rin on the other hand seemed nervous. 

"Hurry up, look what's inside princess." 

...

"You bought me a pocket knife and a ... plush cat?"

"You don't like ours gifts (y/n)?"

Ran looked so sad and I immediately felt bad for saying something like that. 

"No, I like them, really. It's just ... unexpected." 

"If you don't like it you don't have to keep it."

Rindo tried to take plush away from me but I quickly get it from his reach. I assumed the plush was from him because of how nervous he looked when I put it out from the bag. I wasn't that type to collect plushies but I was definitely going to keep this one. 

"Nope, It's mine and I'm keeping it. If nothing else I'll have something to trow at you two if you'll make me mad."

I showed him tongue and get from his reach. Ran was just watching us with his lazy eyes and smile. 

My and Rindo's little fight about cat seemed to melt the ices. Before we realized it we were talking like when we were kids. They told me about people they had met in juvenile and I told them about my school and life in general. I actually trow my new plush at them few times but I was really careful not to destroy it. 

"(y/n) I just realized you didn't tell as anything about your friends."

I looked up to Ran, he was right, I didn't.

"There's nothing to talk about."

Rindo looked up to me in surprise.

"I'm sure that girl like you have to have a lot of friends. I mean your pretty and you have nice personality."

I almost burst out in laughter. I guess I could be considered pretty, at least boys always said it, but nice personality? No. Most people that get to know me better usually consider me a b*tch. 

"You two are probably only people that know me and think I have nice personality. But no I don't have much friends or most likely almost no friends. 

"How is that possible?"

"Most kids here in Roppongi knows about you two and they don't want to mess with that "Haitani girl", in school it's most likely same, few kids from neighborhood said my brothers are in juvenile because they caused someone's death. And the others are usually driven away be my "nice" personality. It was quite lonely when you two got arrested." 

They both stare at me, then Rindo reach for my hand. 

"I'm sorry (y/n), we never realized that our fights could affect you like this." 

"No, I know it's not your fault and I would never want you to stop with that fights but I can't help it, you got arrested and let me alone for 5 years, that's not something you could fix with plush cat and pocket knife."

They didn't know what to say and I felt bad for saying it. It wasn't their fault, they were wild and loved to fight and I understood that, even I loved fights, but somehow deep inside I blamed them for leaving me alone and no matter how much I tried I couldn't get rid of that feeling. Damn now I completely ruined this evening, just when we met after all these years. I hugged my new plush as hard as I could and my eyes became watery. And then my brothers hugged me. I wasn't expecting that. Our father was never at home and he wasn't hugging type, after Ran and Rin got arrested ,there was no one to hug me. I almost forgot that warm feeling, and how safe I felt in their arms when we were kids.

"We're sorry (y/n), we didn't want you to be alone."

"We'll never leave you alone again, that's a promise."

Tear rolled down me check. These idiots, making me cry like this. I stayed in their arms, I can't tell how long we were sitting like this. When I calmed down I gently break out of their arms. 

"It's getting late, guess I'll be sleeping here tonight." 

"Oh (y/n) you know we -"

"Haven't clean up my room because you were too nervous to go inside?"

They both looked me with their eyes wide open. I just rolled my eyes with a smile and went to my room muttering.

"God, you two idiots will never change, right?"