38

I walked in room. One quick gaze told me that there were three people in room, then me and the cop who walked in after me. I focused on Sanzu who sit cuffed to table. I didn't have to see his face to know he was high as f*ck. There were countless names I'd like to call him but I bit my tongue and politely nodded to inspector sitting before him, he gestured for me to sit down. I sat next to Sanzu, table was relatively long so there was quite a distance between us. I was thankful for that, if I were any closer I'd probably strangle him to death. But because of too many witnesses I settled for clenching my fists under table. I'll get him later. For now I focused on police inspector before me. 

"May I ask what's going on?" 

In fact I had a very good idea of what's going on but let's hear it anyway. Sanzu turned his head to me, it seemed that he haven't noticed me until now. His face lit up. 

"(Y/n)!!!"

Snazu tried go trow himself at me, forgetting that he's cuffed to the table. Cuffs on his wrists didn't allow him to do what he intended and he stared at them as if he only now noticed them. No, he stared at them as if he had never seen such a thing before. He completely forgot about me and sat back down studying them. Police inspector sigh and his expression mirrored the emotions I felt, only thing it lacked was the anger. 

"We're sorry for trouble, miss Haitani. I'm inspector Takeda. I assume you know this man?"

Unfortunately. 

"Indeed. If I haven't I'd certainly wouldn't go all the way here to get him."

"May I ask what's your connection to him?"

I chose my words carefully, I don't need to myself in trouble. 

"We're old friends. May I ask, why am I here?"

Inspector seemed like he didn't want to be here at all but he still answered. 

"You see we arrested him but because of his ..."

He looked at Sanzu trying to find some good term. 

"State, we couldn't question him snd you were the only contact we could get from him."

Thank you very much Sanzu. From all the people you could've come up with your tiny brain had to pick me. I'm not getting paid enough for this. 

"And what was he arrested for?"

It was dumbest question possible. He was obviously high, even blind would know and as I know him he had some of that sh*t with him. 

"He had marijuana with him."

I nodded and without hesitation said. 

"He have marijuana for medical purposes. I can get the receipt if it's-"

Inspector raised an eyebrow. 

"I'm sorry miss but  that wasn't all he got"

"How do you mean that?"

"Except of that, he was found with 10 kilos of cocaine."

I almost choke from shock. What?! Why the fuck did he had that with him!? I quickly put together and smiled. 

"I'm sure there was some mistake. 10 kilos that's im-"

On signal of inspector Takeda several packs were placed in front of me. I may not me an expert but I knew what it was. 

"-possible, that is possible ..."

I was completely done. He can't be f*cking serious! 10 kg of cocaine? What the hell have he thought?! Resisting the urge to kill Sanzu was harder by every passing second. Inspector seemed to mistook my anger with mute shock. That was partly true. 1/3 of my brain, that wasn't busy with thinking of ways to kill Sanzu, neither with searching for ways to talk out of this was amazed and shocked by this man's stupidity. How? Why? Well it still could've been worse ... cocaine was still nothing compared to what I saw Sanzu take in past. Somehow I kept my composure.