Happy birthday Ran!

Happy birthday to Ran! I really wanted to write something for this occasion but I was a bit short on time and ideas so I'm sorry that it isn't best. I still hope you'll enjoy it. This chapter takes place not too long after Ran's and Rin's release, so there won't be Tenjiku involved.

"Ehhh"

I and Rin both started at calendar, then at each other and again on calendar as if it could change anything. Our faces wore matching expression of distress. After another while of silence I slowly began

"Soooo, do you have any ideas?"

Rindo's expression spoke for itself.

"Honestly I hoped that you might think of something ..."

We fell into silence again both subconsciously turning to Ran's room. He was still asleep despite the hour but knowing our luck, it'd be no surprise if he happened to wake up now of all the times. Wordlessly we agreed to move this conversation farther from his room. We moved to kitchen and watched the door for a while anxiously. Apparently Ran's six sense for coming in worst possible moment was on holiday.

"So you too have no ideas ..."

Rin was talking more or less to himself but I still responded.

"I haven't seen him in 5 years. You expect me to know what he likes now?"

"Well he hadn't changed that much ..."

Rindo waved peice of burnt ... something that was, according to Ran, supposed to be cookie. My lips curved upright.

"True, maybe we could just get him cooking book.

"No thanks. With current situation I'm giving it two months till firefighters will know him by the name. He doesn't need any more encouragement."

"Two months? Month at best. Last time he already introduced himself, it's just the question of time till they remember his name and associate it with fire."

I took one of "cookies" and studied it a bit before eventually choosing to live and putting it back.

"Book about fire safety would be better idea."

I laughed at the idea.

"As if he would ever read that."

There was another minute of silence.

"Maybe we could just buy him some hair cosmetics and gift cards to few stores."

Rin's expression was one of despair. He knew as well as me that Ran will undoubtedly spend the whole day dragging us around every store in Tokyo. But the thing was that we had no better ideas.

"Sacrifices must be made."

Rindo frown but gave in.

"What sacrifices, princess?"

Ran jawed widely and leaned against the doorway. He was still half asleep and I doubt that he heard previous part of conversation.

"Sacrifices to cookie god, so he forgive us for this sin."

I waved one of Ran's "cookies".

"They aren't that bad!"

"You think so?"

He grabbed one of them with intention to eat it but around halfway he changed his mind and put it back again.

"Whatever, I'm going to have breakfast!"

I watched Ran head to cooker.

"Are you going to stop him or should I?"

Rindo sigh and stand up.