30

"What's wrong Em?"

 I looked over to Em with combination of curiosity and worry.  She was all cheerful today but then I mentioned Toman and she seem to remember something and become upset. It was just a moment but I see there was something bothering her. 

"Nothing. Really."

She smiled again but I didn't buy it. If it was anyone else I wouldn't push it, but this was Emma and if there was something wrong I wanted to know what's going on. Em seemed to realize that she didn't fool me and sigh.

"I just remembered something."

She played with string of her hair while she thought about what to tell me.

"I ... do you know about the gang battle that happened on halloween?"

Before I could answer she shook her head.

"Of course you know. Well that day Toman fight some other gang and ... there was one dead."

I knew about all of this, I was even there when it happened but I didn't interrupt Emma. 

"That day ... Mikey didn't tell me about it. I didn't knew where he went, I found out only later when he returned injured."

Emma's voice trembled a bit.

"He could've died (y/n) and I would have no idea. And now ... now there's some new gang that wants to take them on.  I know that Mikey's strong and all but ... I'm worried about him, you know?"

I knew too well, that made it worse. I knew damn well how Em feels. And the worst thing was that I was part of what made her worried in first place. I knew exactly what gang is Emma talking about. I didn't want to see her upset and I didn't want to be the reason of it but it was too late now, and even if it wasn't ... I wasn't sure if I stopped. I enjoyed time spend with Izana and the rest and I couldn't deny that the upcoming fight with Toman thrilled me, Tenjiku wasn't about to play fair I knew that but I didn't care. Even so, I was worried, I knew my brothers, I knew Mochi, Shion, Mucho, I knew Izana and most importantly, I knew myself. I knew that there was no guarantee that this fight won't turn out like that one on halloween did. Maybe not on purpose but that didn't change a thing. Who knows maybe we could even avoid that fight, we already knocked out a big part of toman and I was planing on visiting some of their captains one more time. Maybe we wouldn't have to fight at all ... as if that was possible. I could hardly imagine scenario where Mikey would give up without a fight. And I didn't want to back down either.

"(y/n)?"

I snapped from my thoughts and looked at Emma. 

"(y/n) ... if you know something about that fight ... you will tell me right?" 

In that moment I felt my heart shatter to pieces but .... but it didn't matter. I ignored it and smiled.

"Of course Em, if I'll hear about it you'll be the first one to know."

I never liked lying to Em but I couldn't tell her. I'll tell her once it's all over. I swear I will. For now I remained silent.

"Thanks (y/n). Shin and Izana ... they're both gone. I only have Mikey left."

Emma didn't looked at me at the moment so she didn't see the shock in my face, by the time she looked I already managed to hide it.

"Izana?"

"Oh? Oh, that's nothing."

Emma immediately waved it off and sadness in her voice was replaced with her usual cheerful tone.