47

"Raaaan!!! Raise and shine it's like a lunch time already!"

I shouted in the direction of my brother's room while grabbing myself some breakfast. It was time for lunch but my brother wasn't the only one with messed up sleeping schedule ...  When my brother didn't dignify me with his presence even after few minutes passed I made my way over to his room, ready to drag him out manually. He will complain about his healing shot wound but that was no excuse to spend the whole day in bed. We had things to do.

"Wake up sleeping beauty, you can't lay in bed all day!"

I threw open the doors and froze in surprise. Next to my brother, who was unsurprisingly not awake and mumbling something incomprehensible about how sleepy he is and what an ungodly hour I choose to wake him up was another person.

"Oh"

The woman next to Ran stared and me and I stared back. Awkward. That said I decided to not make it any more awkward and did not comment on the lack of clothes on both of them. This might've not been the best moment to walk in. 

"I'm sor-"

I was already about to back away, close the doors and pretend to see nothing when my dear brother decided to finally wake up and per usual make things worse. He shot up into a sitting position, the move very recommended for healing a bullet wound in your abdomen. 

"Oh princess! I ... can explain?"

Idiot. My brother is an idiot. There's not other way to call it. The other girl seemed to agree.

"You bastard!"

The slap was loud and clear and it echoed through the room. Nice one.

"What?"

Ran looked between us, a look of confusion plastered on his face. How dumb? Just how dumb can he possibly be? The girl got of bed with all the calm of a thunderstorm and her clothes from the floor. Ran scrambled after her.

"Wait Karin, wha-?!"

"We're done! And my name is HANA!"

The look she gave me when she turned to leave made me wonder if she'll slap me as well. I would be lying if I said it'd surprise me. However I would not be as nice as my brother about not returning the favor. Luckily she made the smart choice and just pushed by me, showing me aside a bit rougher than necessary. I can live with that.

After a minute I could hear the front door slam shut, with enough force to resonate through the building. Yeah that one's mad. Like a lot. I turned back to my brother, wearing my best disappointed face. He still held his cheek and looked just as confused as he did before. 

"Princess I can explain!"

I looked at him in disbelieve before rolling my eyes. 

"Are you serious? Ran, you're a 30 years old man. I couldn't care less about your sex life."

The realization settled in and Ran at least looked embarrassed. Seriously? What's wrong with this man? And how are we related? Just when I thought it can't be worse he decided to prove me wrong. 

"Right ...  do you, by any chance, know what's her problem?"

"Ran, please, try to use your brain for 2 seconds."

If he won't figure this out I'm giving up on him. Disowning him. Giving him for adoption! It took more than 2 seconds, which was disappointing but I'll be nice and blame it on the fact that he hasn't  had a coffee so far and he was relatively fresh out of bed. Ran rubbed his cheek, deep in thought before it finally clicked.