40

"It's dangerous to go alone!"

"Ran I already was alone on mission like this. Calm down."

I walked past Ran to closet looking for the right dress. Dark purple one got my attention. Pretty. Provoking but not too much. Good for the occasion. And it fits with my eyes. Mitsuya did a good work on this one.

"I know but what if something goes wrong this time? That guy already killed people, we both know!"

"Ran we both also killed people. It'll be fine. Which shoes?"

I raised two pairs of shoes to show him. He without much thought he pointed at gold high heels. Nice choice.

"The gold ones."

I nodded and put them on. 

"At least let me or Rin go with you!"

I walked to get some jewelry, Ran trailing right behind me. 

"Or at least Haruchiyo. That neckles's too much, try to one we got last month."

I put back the neckless I was trying and put on the one he recommended instead. 

"Ran, we both know Haru and we both know that would just end in disaster. What about the earrings?"

"True. They are good. So how about Mochi? He's responsible."

"We both know he's not really fan of these actions."

I didn't really looked at Ran while putting on the earrings and bracelet, all in gold to fit with shoes. 

"Then how about Kaku, he would go."

"He had a lot of work lately Ran. He deserves some rest. Besides that scar makes him too recognizable."

"As if you weren't recognizable. You're just CEO of one of biggest companies in Tokio, damn Japan."

I laughed a little. It was true that my face was well known. It was funny that no one figured out that I'm also executive of Japan's worst criminal organization. 

"But unlike him Ran, I was invited."

"How about Koko?"

I began to put on make up while occasionally meeting Ran's gaze in mirror.

"With the whole sold out information thing he's already running on 3 hours of sleep and 5 mugs of coffee a day. So no."

"I'm just worried that you'll get hurt! Go for the siren eye look."

"But when I was worried about you and Rin I was paranoid."

"That's different!"

"It's not."

Ran grumped. I was right and he knew it. I was on way more dangerous missions. This one was actually ridiculously easy. Go on the party, get close with the suspect, confirm if he's the one working with traitor in our lines. If he is get more info from him and dispose him silently. Easy, safe, quick. I done something like this many times. Only difference was that this time that guy was a member of organization opposing Bonten. Or trying to. They were new, we used to had more dangerous opponents. These will be quickly dealt with. In half a year all of them will be taken care of. Only reason we were currently paying them this much attention was the fact that they got someone from Bonten helping them. It wasn't enough info to take us down but it was pain in the ass. 

"Name one time I wasn't fine."

Ran sigh in defeat but I knew damn well he didn't gave up yet.

"That doesn't mean you'll be okay this time. Why can't we just go with you?"