48

Great future isn't  it?

My breathing got heavier.

Just as you promised 12 yeas ago

I rolled over on bed, thrashing in my sleep.

What were you talking about ... in that video?

The sheets tangled around me, trapping my body in bed while my mind was trapped in a nightmare.

This future is different

Wake up, wake up, why can't I wake up?!

It's my time to save you!

I woke up gasping for air just as the first gunshot echoed trough my ears. 

My chest ached.

________

"Miss?"

"Not now, I'm working."

I sighed as I looked over the desk and the stacks of papers all around it. Working was a really glorified way to call it. Mostly I was just dying inside as I tried and failed to read trough the never ending paperwork. The fact that I was tired and in a bad mood did nothing to help. The letters were merging into one and I read the same sentence at least 3 times over by now but I never remembered what it was about. I should take a break but the paperwork successfully distracted me from my thoughts and I really needed that after the night full of strange nightmares. Even if it meant reading the same sentence 4 times in row.

"Uhm ... I'm sorry but you have a visitor and-"

"I said not now. Tell them to come later-"

"Wait you can just-!"

"(y/n)!"

My secretary's efforts to stop the man that walked in were in vain but after seeing him I didn't even mind it.

"Mochi!"

The paperwork was abandoned as I ran up to him and basically jumped into his arms. For a second he held my whole weight before I dropped back down,  trapping him in hug. Screw the paperwork this was the distraction I needed. 

"You can go, Nakayama. It's okay."

My secretary gave me a worried look before she nodded and walked out of my office. She was new, she didn't know that Mochi, Kakucho, Koko, Rindo and in the end also Ran are allowed into my office at any time. At this point it could as well be their office, they came and went as they pleased, sometimes even when I was not here.

"What are you doing here?"

"Do I need a reason to visit our princess?"

I rolled my eyes and finally end the hug, only to playfully punch him in the arm. 

"How long will you all be calling me that? I'm an adult!"

He only laughed and that was enough to earn him another punch. Seriously, I have two annoying brothers, I don't need a third one! But from him I was willing to accept it, unlike Hanma, Mochi was high enough on the list of people I care about.

"Well in that case I guess you don't want me to save you from the paper work-"

He turned to leave, shrugging but he didn't make more than 2 steps before I stopped him.