46

Getting Koko to spill out where these fucker's are wasn't hard. What was hard was deciding if we should go after them or to Ran. We wanted revenge. We wanted to make them suffer for what they done to our brother. But at the same time we wanted to go to him. Make sure he's safe. From what Koko told us we didn't need to worry. Ran was stable, just unconscious at the moment.

We wanted to be there when Ran wakes up. It was the one thing me and Rin agreed upon. But every second we weren't after the ones who hurt him was another second these assholes could use to get away. Running from Bonten wasn't easy, but it wasn't impossible either. They had to know we'll be after them. They attacked our top members. Ran and Kakucho alike were wounded and while not deadly it was enough to make me see red. No one hurts my brothers or my friends. No one.And in another situation I'd consider leaving them be for a moment. Let them live in fear of what's sure to come. To look after their shoulder afraid that any moment now one of us will show up to exact our revenge. Fear and anxiety can mess someone up. Sometimes letting them live in fear, never allowing them to relax, always keeping them on their toes was better revenge than actually killing them. And more rational part of me wanted it. Wanted to ruin them thoughtfully and completely. To let their own mind torture them, to become the monster in their dreams.

But they were lucky. Because the part that screamed for blood was stronger. It would certainly be faster for them but right now I just wanted to hurt them, see their blood staining the floor. We'll make it quick. Painful if possible, but quick and we'll be at Ran's side before he wakes up.

Koko's information's weren't the best. No wonder. The attack happened no more than an hour ago and we didn't give him time to do any research. We had no plan, we grabbed our gear and the moment Koko said where, we were gone. That was okay. We'll handle it. They took Ran and Kaku by surprise. We'll do the same. Was it reckless? Yes. But we've never been known for being too cautious. Not in this.

From what Kokonoi told us we had a decent idea of who we're after. Most likely a group of few mercenaries. Someone payed them to go after Bonten. What an idiots. Didn't they know that no amount of money is worth making enemies out of us?

"Are you ready?"

Rindo nodded holding up his gun. I nodded back and checked our surroundings one last time. The fact that they attacked Ran and Kaku yet didn't finish the job already hinted that they weren't the best ones. Damn, the fact that they took job against Bonten hinted that they weren't the best ones! No one who knows how things works in this branch would take a job like this. But there was a slight chance of this being a trap. Maybe they expected us. It wasn't exactly a secret how protective of each other my and my siblings are. If someone wanted to take us down there was no better way than attacking one of us and waiting for the other two to show up. So far no one managed to prepare a trap we would get out of. But who was to say that it won't happen?

It was probably for the best that we went here before we went to see Ran. I was certain that if I'd seen my brother I wouldn't be able to stay rational. Right now I was fueled by anger and desire for revenge. But not blind fury. I was certain that if I saw my brother in a hospital bed I'd be unable to from a single rational thought. Most likely my vision would tunnel and I'd go after whoever did it with no regard of my own safety. Like this I was able to plan.

There was no one around. No trap I could see. The location wasn't ideal. Old apartment building at the outskirts of town. Not very crowded idea but still one where people will notice shooting. We'll have to get out quick once we're done. If we're caught we won't be able to make it to Ran's side before he wakes up.

"Let's go,"

"Take the second floor, I'll take the first."

Signalizing that I agree I headed for my direction. According to Koko we were dealing with roughly 10 people. We didn't know their faces. That wasn't ideal. There was a chance that we'll kill someone innocent. But that was a price we were both willing to pay. It's not like we haven't kill before.