Chapter 1

----------

"When you were the son of evil, there was little you couldn't do, own, or kill and yet her mortal self was an elusive trophy he could touch, but not put on his shelf. This made her rare. This made her precious. This made him... love her."

----------

'A sweet friendship refreshes a soul' was a book I was reading.  People who are friends talk to each other and spend time together. They trust one another and also help each other when they are in trouble or are hurt. Friends are people that can be looked up to and trusted. 

I have a very special friend, a charm. 

He was going on and on about his new boyfriend and how they did what two people who love each other a lot do.

"Oh my god, Michael you're disgusting!" I said while fake gagging at him. 

"Athena, I'm not disgusting!" But do you want to know what I did with him last night!" Michael screamed while blushing furiously. "I've never seen something like this before, I bet it's over ten inches" he said while grinning at me. "I am one lucky man aren't I?"

"Oh my god for heaven's sake!" I said while digging my face into the pillow. "I know we are pretty close and tell each other a lot of things, but for god's sake I really don't need to know how many inches your boyfriend is" I said in a muffled voice.

"Babe, I have to show the world how big of my boyfriend is!" he said

"Michael enough" I said annoyed.

He giggled childlishly and got off my bed and ran towards my wardrobe. I didn't really bother so I continued finishing my 200 word essay. Fuck school.

Abruptly, I heard ruckus coming from the closet something like a big crash. "Michael?" I called out. There was no response. "MICHAEL". He always did this to scare me and I shouldn't be scared anymore but when you have a walking killer clown best friend, it gets hard cause he gets creative blink, he came out wearing my silk black dress, laced high heeled shoes with a black sailors cap on. I looked at him with wide eyes concerned for my dear friend.

He grabs a stool nearby, stands on it and screams "ITS BRITNEY BITCH!!!" as 'gimme more' by Britney was playing while chugging down a bottle of vodka and trying to balance on the stool in the same time. I cackled loudly while enjoying the little show from Mike.

Michael is someone I would kill myself for. He's the most care free and loving and someone I consider my brother. I never really knew my real brother but my father always told me he left to serve the military since I was ten which I don't believe because I'm almost 19 and we haven't talked at all.

I know for a fact my dad is lying, because every time I ask him about our family 'the williams' he stammers or just changes the topic quickly. It gets really frustrating and I never really had anyone to talk to until I became friends with Michael.

I met Michael when I was fourteen and was in the most shittiest school play ever. I found him in the girl's makeup room, practicing winging his eyeliner to perfection.

I've always felt bad for him as he never really had friends. I blame the school and its organization for being selfish homophobes and that resulted to Michael feeling unwelcomed.

Now that we're in college, it has gotten a lot easier for him which is a good thing for him. But not for me. It was incredibly difficult for me to get into college because my selfish arrogant ass of a father wanted me to work in his company that I gave zero fucks about. We had a huge argument, and in the end he gave in. I always get my way. 

But after the big fight he said that he didn't want to be involved in any expenses with my college funs and tuition. So now I work my ass off every single weekend in 'The Beach House Cafe'. Even though my dad is rich enough to buy a new Porsche every week and has saved up for my college funs, he still wouldn't let me use it. Then what is the money saved for? That made me have no social life and made me become the depressed shit I am.

"Ok Michael, enough! I need to go for my shift" I said while chugging down a glass of water to help my soar throat from laughing hysterically. Michael changed back into normal clothes and opened my dorm door too exit.

He was really drunk and was wobbling like a penguin every step he took. Luckily, his dorm was right in front of mine. The moment he got into his room he crashed onto his bad. I laughed at the idiotic friend of mine.

I grabbed my purse which had my phone and some spare cash in it and dashed out of the door. I pulled out a strip of gum and chewed, savoring the flavor. When I got to the bottom floor I realized I had about 3 minutes to run to the cafe. 

I ran as fast as my petite legs could carry me. Which wasn't very fast. I laughed at myself. How is my heavy ass gonna run? I can't even run a meter without physically dying. But by some miracle I made it there on time.

The cafe is extremely noisy but also warm in a weird way. It was a place where I balance work and self care. It gets pretty hectic in the mornings and sometimes evenings. We weren't a popular location either so business can be pretty slow at most times. But we are the only cafe that opens at six and closes at twelve. 

Today was a night shift for me so it shouldn't be very frantic. There were only two cashiers here. Me and the nicest little old lady, Dorothy. 

I hurriedly crossed the street and ran towards the entrance.

--------

AUTHORS NOTE!!

this is the first chapter and i hope you enjoyed!! this is just a bit of inside of the friendship between Athena and Michael. It will get more juicer in the next chapter:)

also Michael's nickname in the story in Mike if you somehow haven't noticed.

pls vote for this book.

REMINDER: Make sure to stay hydrated!!

anyways, thanks for reading. love you!!