Chapter 38

"Just be glad I was once yours."

Every time I'm with Harry, it feels like someone from my past life. It's like we were two lost souls brought by the universe to rejuvenate the bond between us. It feels like I know everything about him yet sometimes I feel like I know nothing. 

Harry is a very closed-off person and just likes to keep things to himself. So prying him open is always difficult. Him opening up to me must be something interesting right?

We left the museum a little over 7:30. It was incredibly cute to see Harry be speaking so passionately about folk art. He explained everything from the art, the style of it, what the colors meant, and even about the author. Folk art was something I wasn't interested in and honestly, it was all really boring. But I was letting him have his fanboy moment.

The New York lights shined blindingly as Harry drove us to a restaurant for dinner. Today was one of the days that I'll certainly remember forever. I can't remember the last time I smiled and laughed so much. 

What can I say? Harry's a joy to be around. 

-------

We got back around 9:00 after dinner. Harry had a little too much to drink but still somehow managed to get us home safely. I got out of the car and followed him into the house. The moment we walked in, Harry immediately plopped himself on the couch, groaning from exhaustion. 

"C'mon sleepyhead." I giggled as I motioned him to get up. He lifted up his hand and flipped me off. I mentally rolled my eyes and walked over to him. 

"Get up, come on."

"Shut up, let me sleep." He said as he pushed his cheek against the throw pillows on the couch. His brown curly locks ruffled against his forehead and his eyelashes fluttered close. He looked nothing like he seems when in a sleepy state. He looked cute.

"No... c'mon go get changed and let's get you to bed." I said as I gently pulled him up. Harry still had his eyes closed as he clung onto my arm following me towards the lift to bring us upstairs. It was incredibly difficult to support his weight. He was a giant compared to my small figure. 

"Harry, I'm going to fall get up," I said giggling as I glanced at him. He rested his head on my shoulder while clutching onto my arm. "No, you won't. I won't let you." He said while shooting me a cheeky smirk. 

A little smile crept up my face. Harry continued keeping his eyes closed and I brought my hand up to push his locks away. "You're such a baby," I said and he shrugged. 

The elevator dinged and I practically had to drag Harry out. His feet dragged against the floorboards and I tried my best to balance him. Once we got to his room, I made sure he had changed and did what he had to do before going to bed. It was like a child was living inside his body. I haven't been around drunk Harry a lot but I must say I enjoy him like this. 

Loose. Free. Speaking whatever he wants. 

Harry knocked out almost immediately after he plopped on his bed. I took this as my cue to leave and made my way to the room I was sleeping in downstairs.

I haven't been able to get a lot of time to myself recently considering the events that took place in the span of these exhausting few days.

I wonder what my dad thought of himself now. Is he worried about me? Is he scared for me? Or is he happily living his life rotting in prison?

Sighing, I grabbed my phone and made my way to the living room. I turned on the internet and instantly received almost a hundred messages from Mikayla.