Chapter 55

2 weeks later

ATHENA'S POV

I found out about Charles the day after his death and I didn't know how to feel. I was surprised, speechless and most importantly now have a new view of Harry.

He described burning Charles to be "amusing"

I remember squinting at Harry worriedly, he can easily kill me in my sleep. He laughed it off and brought me into a hug.

"Don't worry baby, I like you too much to kill you."

That's real assuring.

Yes, Charles treated me in a way no one deserves to be treated but burning him to death? Who does that?

I let out a scream when I heard about it. My heart pounded at the thought. Harry and Niall are completely fucked up people.

I thought about it for a week until Harry assured me in many ways that he would only do it to him and never anyone else. It took a while but I guess I believe him.

In a way, I'm also glad Charles is gone. It's one less thing to worry about.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm floating. Whatever that's happening makes me realize that I'm not living in the real world. It's like I'm stuck here, stuck in my thoughts and feelings.

I want to break free. I wanted to get away from everything and move to somewhere with Harry. Somewhere only we know. Maybe have a family? Start working somewhere? Have a farm?

It's so crazy to think that I have dreams to do these things with Harry when in reality there's so much more I don't know about him. Like who and where his sister is. That's always been a touchy subject for him and his body demeanor always changes whenever he remembers her. I want him to be able to open up to me and remember I'll always be here for him.

This morning was chaotic. I got a call from Michael saying he's here in New York and wanted to catch up for dinner. I agreed, I mean it's been years since I last saw him and I just need a little of him in my life right now.

I thought about inviting Harry which might be a good idea but again I don't think he'll follow.

I want him to. I want him to know a little about me and my friend. Michael will forever mean the world and beyond to me. Harry needs to know who Michael is.

Harry was busy making calls after calls in the kitchen. I heard a few sounds of annoyance from him every time the caller said a little thing. His back was towards me as he was facing the view from the kitchen window.

I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. Harry startled a little as he tried containing a smile while arguing with whoever he was talking to.

I let him talk until he said the words "don't let me down" before putting the phone down.

"Hey," I said looking up at his stressed-up face. My fingers linked with his hair and I gave him a little message. His body relaxed into mine as he took a few breaths.

"Hey." Harry grabbed onto my arms and flipped me around so I was now facing him. He has a little grin on his face which I find adorable.