Chapter 13

Sometimes you can feel so incredibly destroyed for doing something you can't control.

In my whole existence of life, I've never felt so much pain. The tears that were streaming down my face were all the agony in me that I've kept ever since this happened. Yes, I'm worried for me and my safety but I feel responsible for putting Joshua's life at stake. Even if Harry tried convincing me he would let Joshua go, I wouldn't believe him.

Now that Joshua is in my life, Harry will never leave him alone until he's dead.

I sobbed for almost an hour when I decided to hop in the shower to relax myself. The blazing hot water calmed my nerves immediately. I washed myself thoroughly and took this time to not think about anything but myself.

Once I was done, I dried myself up and looked in the mirror. I had bruises on my arms and throat. I stared at myself in pity. Tears were forming from my eyes but I needed to stay strong for her. For myself.

I decided that I wasn't going to let Harry control me any longer. I wanted to get drunk. I wanted to drink all my sufferings away. I want to feel free.

I wore my clothes and sprayed on a little perfume.

There was a small club across our motel so I decided I would pay them a little visit. I walked out of the bathroom and planned my escape.

Harry noticed I was done showering and picked up his clothes without looking at me. He made his way into the bathroom and turned on the faucet.

I quickly undid my hair and placed my used clothes into my bag. I checked the time and it was a quarter pass nine. I hurriedly grabbed my shoes and slipped them on as I knew Harry would be out really quick. He takes fast showers.

---

I got out of the motel and shut the door while running all the way to the lobby just in case Harry was already out and realized I was missing. I left the motel and crossed the street.

The bar was filled with people. The bouncer was monitoring people by checking I.D.s and covering charges at the door. I realized I didn't have an I.D. so I mentally cursed at myself. But I decided to try my luck and stood in the line anyway.

A few girls in front of me looked underage, younger then me. They had no I.D.s so they did what every girl could.

They showed more skin and tried seducing the bouncer and it worked. He let them in while paying for their drinks. That gave me an idea.

When it was my turn, I decided to pull down my dress and put on a slutty face. Something Athena would never do but I was desperate.

"Hey sweetheart, may I see your I.D.?" he asked while touching my shoulder. Men were incredibly disgusting but I had to play the part.

"Hey, I left my I.D. at home can you just let me in?" I asked him while making my voice high pitched.

"I'm not sure if I can do that." he said while hesitating and looking around.

"Please, you let them in." I said while pointing to the girls.

"Ugh okay go in." he said while groaning. I smiled at him and skipped inside feeling proud. I felt confident and independent and that's all that matters.

Inside was filled with people making out, people doing lines of cocaine and and people dancing and grinding on the dance floor.

I didn't know anyone here so I just walked towards the bar area where they were serving drinks. People stared at me and some girls were whispering about me behind my back. I rolled my eyes at them and made my way on one of the stools to sit on.