Chapter 45

five days later

Jake, a guy from our team called me at three in the morning, asking me to hold a conference call with him and a few other members urgently.

I brought my pinky and pointer to my eyes and pinched them shut. It was way to early for this.

I turned on my laptop and got on the call. A couple of guys I knew were there and they looked ready.

I didn't.

I was fucking sleep deprived from thinking about Athena so much. These past couple of days things have not been going so good. In the span of these days, I drank five whole bottles of tequila and barely eating.

Whatever it takes to numb the pain.

Niall has been checking up on me multiple times per day. He can't stop me from drinking cause he knows I get violent.

The first night he tried to snatch the bottle away from me I smacked him in the jaw.

I got on the conference call not turning on my camera as I looked mad shitty right now. My eyes were puffy and it clearly looks like I haven't been eating for days. That's just simply cause I can't.

If Athena in a coma can do it, why can't I?

"Hello Mr. Styles, we need to discuss the important events that occured two nights ago." said a guy that I can't fucking remember his name.

"Go on." I said clearly loosing patience. Couldn't they wait till morning? I'm fucking loveless and depressed.

"From security camera one that shows the backdoor of our warehouse, it shows a man dressed in black entering in. Then we switch to camera two where we see the man going up the main staircase. Camera three shows the man entering the main office and shutting the door behind him. We don't have camera's there so we don't exactly know if he put or took something."

I groaned mentally. Fucking guards can't do their fucking job.

"The next day when the system detected suspicious activities, we sent a man in there to check Mr. Wilson's office and he found a few documents scattered and a note."

"What was it?" I asked.

"It said "good luck" with a sign off by the initials CNH"

My eyes widened. That or they were the same people that wrote down ways to end Athena's life. How did they find the warehouse? Does Athena's father know about this?

"So, what should we do, sir?" Jake asked me.

"Well firstly, fire the fucking guards cause their useless and add vaults or some shit. Make the security safer." I said and I saw Jake and two other guys nodding.

"And about the CNH, let me handle that, just listen to my simple fucking instructions and find better guards." I said with a harsh tone. I was pissed with our team. What's the point of having so called professional guards if their shit anyways?

"Yes sir. Thank you for your time, the meeting is dismissed." Jake announced and the guys started leaving, and I left too.

Sighing, I switched off the laptop and threw it on the other side of my cold bed.

The bed could've been warm if Athena was here, sleeping in my arms.

I switched of the lights and let my heavy eyes get the best of me.

--------

the next day

I was able to locate the prison Mr. Wilson was being kept in by looking at reports and through a few people. I picked up and granola bar and headed out the door.