Chapter 46

two weeks later

Niall Horan

I got a text from Harry saying he was paying Athena's father a visit. I sighed and focused on the road in front of me. I was currently on the way back home from a meeting I had with the team.

Cara was waiting for me to pick her up. We're meeting our boss to report the incident about Athena.

About five minutes later, I pulled up and Cara immediately got in. She wore a blue jumpsuit and had her hair up in a messy bun.

"Hurry, drive." She said while pulling down the car mirror to take a look at herself. I groaned and pressed on the gas faster than I did before.

It was in fact obvious that we were very late but again when are we not?

The rest of the drive was silence as in none of us spoke. Just the soft sound of West Coast by The Neighborhood from the radio filling up the silence.

We drove into the city and reached to the official headquarters. There were a shit load of range rovers and velfires all parked perfectly. This was my first time coming here since it's the first time the boss has called me.

"What do you think Jones is gonna ask?" Cara asked, the sound of smacking of gum in the mouth.

"I don't fucking know, something about Athena?" I said which came out more like a question.

"Oh god, poor girl honestly." She said as she got out of the car and I nodded.

I put my shades on and made sure my hair wasn't messy before making my way out of the car. Cara stood at the entrance of the headquarters as I ushered her in.

We took a lift up to the 27th floor to meet our boss, Jones.

The headquarters was filled with people that worked under Jones, all rushing here and there trying to get their work done so they don't piss Jones off. Pathetic.

Cara rushed out of the lift causing me to run to her side. I asked a lady where the main office and she gave us the directions. Each floor had around 100 rooms. This place was huge.
We came to the door and Cara let out a shaky breath before knocking it slowly.

"Come in." Said a voice.

Jones sat behind a dark brown desk which overlooked the buildings of New York. The office consisted of awards, trophies and a shit tone or art.

"Niall, Cara please sit down."

We took a seat. I sat rather politely. Cara placed both her feet on top of the desk not giving a shit of her dirty shoes. I mean, just look at the way she dressed.

"Cara, feet off the table." Said Jones. Cara scoffed and placed her feet down.

"Well firstly, how are y'all? It's been a while hasn't it?" Asked Jones. "Good." Said both me and Cara at the same time.

It was true. Life was going good. Business was doing well, the team were cooperating and hey, I'm not in a coma.

"That's lovely, Niall I heard you're doing very well managing the team with Harry." Jones complimented.
Jones always complimented me for everything I did. I'm the favourite, it's obvious.

"And uh Cara?" Jones asked and my dum little bitch of a sister rolled her eyes. "It's not my team anyway, mum. Why should I give a fuck?" Cara said.

"It's a team we as a family built together so please show some interest and be like your brother."

A smirked plastered on my face as I flipped her off. Bitch.

"Anyways, you wanted to talk about the Athena thing?" I asked, changing the topic.