Chapter 20

A picture speaks a thousand words.

-----

A few turns and U-turns, I saw the sign of the most overrated fast food place. The drive thru was filled with families, parent's buying their children happy meals and spending time as a family. It is adorable to see families like these but it also makes me think of my own.

I never had this bond. Not even with my father. 

No matter how hard I try no to think about it, things like these just appear in my head. I always imagine a life where I had both my mum and dad and maybe even a sibling. It sucks having a broken family but that's just the way life works. It's unfair.

I don't know where my mum is and if she even wants to see me again. She left when I was four and I don't know why. Mum and Dad fought a lot and I wished I knew about it but I was too young. 

That night she put me to bed and when I woke up the next day, she wasn't there. She was gone. Dad kept ignoring my questions about her and constantly got angry with me.  I decided to drop the idea and except that I'm never going to have the perfect family I dreamed off.

-----

Harry parked the car in a parking lot next to a blue Honda. We decided to dine in as Harry had a few leg cramps from driving for too long. I got out of the car and shut the door. Harry then proceeded to lock the door and grab my hand in his.

We walked in and it was quite empty. Harry went to order for us while I found a little booth for us to sit in. The outside view of the McDonald's was breathtaking.

I wish I had a phone or a camera with me. The polaroid we had hadn't had a lot of film which bummed me out. If I had a phone right now, it would be filled with beautiful mountain pictures. As I was studying, I haven't had a chance to go around and visit the whole of Utah. 

College.

I totally forgot about it. Did anyone there notice I was gone? Probably not. I'm not that famous. But doesn't that also lead to suspicion? Michael is probably going in and out of hospitals after hearing me furiously slamming the phone down when I called him yesterday. But as soon as I reach Connecticut, calling Michael is my number one priority. 

About a few minutes later, Harry came back with food. He bought me a burger with a side of fries while he ate a salad. I mean come on. He has to keep his body in shape, right? 

I ate the burger in silence and sipped on my sprite. I felt absolutely useless. In front of me here I have a health expert eating his greens and chugging down black coffee. How do people enjoy black coffee? Something I'll never be able to understand. 

Harry then reached towards my plate and grabbed a few fries. "Hey!" I slapped his hand as I shot him a stare. I hate a lot of things in the world, such as pigs but it doesn't hurt me a lot. But the one thing I can't stand is people taking my food away. I turn into a very ugly creature.

"What." He asked as he munched the fries and rolled his eyes at me. I would do the same thing to him if he had something not healthy on his plate but he didn't. I was definitely not going to steal his salad filled with greens. I decided to change the topic.

"So, Harry there's an art shop across the street." I asked hoping he understands what I'm trying to hint at. "So?" He replied shattering my soul. What a bitch. "Since we aren't really rushing to Connecticut, can we go in?" I asked with puppy eyes, praying he will consider it.

"No." He said as he sipped his coffee. I huffed at him. He was so annoying. I hate him.

"Then why did you kiss him on the cheek, dumbass?" my mind said. You know what, It's right.