Chapter 25

----------

if we had five more minutes...

----------

Harry Styles

The confusion on Athena's face made me surprised. Thought she would beam with happiness but apparently not.

I sighed and stared at my cup of coffee. I picked up the demitasse spoon and began mixing and swirling the black thick void ruining the art. I looked fixedly at it as I drown myself in it. 

Finally, I'll be able to escape and live a normal life. Not sure I'm going to do, but I have enough to last for at least five years. I'm going to have to find something soon.

One thing I have in mind is my love for singing. I could make something out of it I guess. 

Once I leave Athena, I'm going to have to change everything about me and go in hiding if I want a good life. Nothing about me has to been known. The Wolves will still be very much active.

I glanced at my smart watch and my eyes widen. It was 12:30 pm and we had to make it to Athena's home by 3:00pm. I hurriedly rushed Athena and chugged down the coffee. 

I made my way to the cashier and paid for our luncheon. I bought a few bottles of water and a pack of cigarettes. Not that I smoked often, just an entity to help me relieve stress or whatever I would feel once I'm alone. 

I booked an Uber and within two minutes a car picked us up. It was a white Honda Odyssey. 

Sighing as I relaxed my head to the back. There was so much to think about, yet my body keeps pushing them to the back of my head. Thank god the driver wasn't as loquacious as Cal. I hated that guy. Something in me reckoned that he probably cheated on his wife and has a secret group association shit. 

What if he is apart of the Wolves?

You never know.

Looking outside was the dark and hulking buildings which signified that we were in New Britain, Connecticut. Athena paid her full attention outside probably realizing that a lot has changed. 

The driver dropped us off at a bus stop a minute later. He could've taken us straight to her house but I needed this time with Athena. Everything that has happened in these few days were different and confusing. From saving her, to seeing her get drunk in a club, to the kiss, to her almost being rape, to us dancing in rain. Pretty hectic and definitely unusual.

Athena tilted her head quizzically at me and her lips were pursed together. She was confused and I don't blame her. Her house was about two minutes away and we could've just driven there.

"Why did we stop?" Athena asked me and I suspire. 

"I'm going to go after this and you're not going to see ever, so yeah." I said not really knowing what to say. I grabbed out luggages and Athena insisted in helping so I gave her hers. We were walking down the pavement of her house street. Her house was just at the end of the road.

"Harry." She called out making me turn my head to her. "Thank you for these past days." She said and I nodded my head. Usually I didn't like appreciativeness cause they can easily be faked with a fake smile. But hers somehow looked genuine. I could sense warm friendly feelings of gratitude from her.

I took out the pack of cigarette from my pockets and took a fag. I placed it on my lips and lit it up with a lighter. Athena looked at me confused for like the hundredth time today. There was a lot she didn't know about me even if she convinced herself she did, it was a lie.