Chapter 33

"It's great that he's coming home."

The bright city lights came to view. Buildings raced each other in a quest to touch the soft blue sky and people littered the streets and sidewalks. The taxis all over were blaring at each other.  I was in total shock and awe.

New York really lived up to its name. 'The City That Never Sleeps'

I stared out the window in complete fascination as we drove past the buildings. The fact that it was now nighttime, the city lit up with colorful and vibrant lights. It's like one of the hardest cities you'll ever live in but if you survive you'll never be able to live anywhere else because you would have fallen in love. 

Living here would be amazing I thought. Harry was incredibly lucky to be living in one of the most visited cities in the world. I would kill to be here, forever. 

Harry swerved past cars as we made our way to the center of the city. The well-known Central Park was spotted from afar. My eyes widened as I saw quite the number of tourists laying in the soft green grass probably thinking about life. That's something I would enjoy doing. Especially given the situation I'm in. 

"Do you live here?" I asked Harry as I pointed at the houses and apartments we were passing. I wondered what his house looked like. I doubt it was an apartment. He has all the money in the world why would he buy an apartment?

"Not here, we're almost there." He said and I nodded. I grabbed my phone and opened the camera app and began taking a few snaps of the view in front of us. I would love to live here but I would also want to live in a place where I can have Blazer and Willow, the farm. I could never find happiness anywhere else I guess. Well, sorry I'm a killjoy.

Harry glanced at me and let out a tut. "Do you really have to take pictures of everything you see? You can't see shit from the car." I shot him a glare. "Does that mean you're going to take me around?" I asked with a grin and tilted my head to the side to face him. 

"Fuck, no."

"Please, Harry. Even if you don't wanna come with me let me go alone. It's not every day I get to  wake up in the city." I said and Harry just simply bitterly laughed. "Okay, Farmgirl. But it's still a no." 

"You know the last time I remembered all you had to do was protect me, there is no rule saying I have to listen to your orders," I said. I was sick of Harry ordering and pushing me around. And who comes to New York and just stays in all day? Who just lays in their bed and does not go walking around in one of the most beautiful cities? No one. 

"Well, I have to protect you, don't I? In order to protect you, you have to listen to me." Harry said with a smug look. What is up with this man honestly. I rolled my eyes and looked back out at the window seeing families and young and old couples walking down the streets. How I wished I could be this free.

Several minutes of beating traffic and Harry being a reckless driver, we reached a neighborhood. The houses were ridiculously large and mostly built for the wealthy. No one could afford this I thought. 

We pulled into a driveway of a mansion. This was Harry's house and it was completely unnecessary as it was stupidly huge for only one person. "Why do you have such a big house? Are there clones of many Harry Styles inside?" I asked and he shot me a grin. 

"Not to brag, but I do have all the money in the world so why not?" He said making me roll my eyes mentally at his statement. We get it. You're rich."You're bragging," I said and all he did was shrug it off.