Chapter 42

"Just a little hurt, I'm fine."

*One week later

I paced down the walkway to the cafe a few blocks away from Harry's house. Today he had a meeting with his team about future precautions that they had to take.

I insisted on helping but once again he refused saying that was his job and I shouldn't get involved in this. It bugged me to think he's doing all this, putting his life and the life of others just for me.

My fingers pushed the cafe door and I immediately got welcomed by the soft tunes from the little stereo at the counter, the cool air conditioning and the gentle chatter of the customers.

I found out about this cafe days ago and today I begged Harry to let me go. And to my surprised, he allowed me without hesitation. I mean obviously he asked for something in return. But it was just a simple kiss which I happily gave him.

Things have started to feel different now with Harry. For some reason he never fails to bring a smile on my face. Everytime he comes home, nothing else matters. Whatever we have between us sure is very confusing.

I sighed and placed my laptop on the table and took a seat. I had about two more classes to finish for college before I officially graduate and they're obviously easier than the other classes before. I couldn't wait for the day I graduate but I was also dead nervous. I didn't know what I was going to do or who I was going to be. But there's one good thing, I get to see Michael.

A woman around the age of thirty who was the waiter came up to me and I ordered an iced tea. I began doing my work enjoying the peaceful environment.

Pulling me out of my thoughts, I hear ruckus of screams and banging. Immediately, I tilted my head towards the entrance and saw rapid fire of bullets, breaking through the glass doors. Customers were hiding under their tables, all shaking in pure fright.

I let out a scream when the window beside me shattered into a million pieces, scraping me on the head. I threw my laptop in the bag and hid under the table.

My heart thumped agaisnt my chest and it was getting way harder to breathe. I could hear sobs from poor children and their mothers trying to comfort them. The cashier was trying his best to call the police as he was ducking his head.

There were figures of masked people walking into the cafe shooting every thing in sight. They had to be the Wolves. I felt terrible for the people around me. This was all my fault.

A masked man came up to the cashier an ordered him to put the phone down. He was stuck in fear and couldn't physically get a grip on reality. The man grew annoyed before he pulled out his gun and shot him between his eyes.

I let out a shriek and pushed my body closer agaisnt the wall. I pinned my eyes shut and prayed this was all a sick and twisted nightmare coming to haunt me. But it clearly wasn't.

"Come out you little bitch." The masked man ordered and I immediately knew they were looking for me. I recognized the voice but couldn't quite but a finger on who it was.

The man walked in with two others behind him and began shooting  windows after windows. Glass was now scattered everywhere making it look like a bloody murder scene.

The man's feet came closer to the table I was hiding under. "Everybody get the fuck out before I blow this fucking place up." Whoever this guy was he was a genius. He knew by ordering everyone to get out, he will find me and most definitely kill me.

There wasn't a way I could escape either. But if I didn't get out I would be blown to pieces. "Get your shit and get out."

Families and workers were storming out in panic and all I could do was pray. I gripped my bag tighter and hoped he went away so maybe I could make an escape.