Chapter 37

"Oh, and folk art is one of the many things I like about you."

We walked around Times Square and not going to lie, it intimidated me. There were heaps of people covering every corner of the streets. Families, couples, teenagers, and even the elderly. "I wouldn't be able to walk here alone," I thought to myself. Well, it's a good thing I have someone beside me right?

Harry walked down the street at a fast pace and when I told him to slow down he said it was too dangerous to be stopping every now and then. It was true, The Wolves could be right in front of me and I wouldn't know.

I had to force my short legs to keep up with Harry's pace. He showed me the buildings and famous attractions along the way. Luckily, I still had time to pull out my phone and take a few pictures of the city. It was breathtaking.

We stopped by a little cafe where we both ordered a protein salad with a chicken burrito. Throughout our luncheon, I asked him why he had moved to New York.

To pursue music he said. I was surprised. I knew Harry was into music but I didn't know he wanted to take it seriously. How can I judge him when I'm still undecided on what to do with my English degree once I graduate in a month. I am heavenly excited to get out of school but also nervous and anxious about the future. I asked Harry if he had any songs out or had made music, in which he replied with a no.

"I want to take things slow, I guess. I mean it's not easy to find the right people to help you in this industry." Harry said as he took a bite of his burrito.

Nodding my head, I decided not to ask him more as he clearly looked uncomfortable with the conversation. We talked a little more until we were done and Harry got up to pay the bill. Stupid of me to forget we were in New York. The bill was overly priced even for a small meal. I felt guilty that Harry had to pay and I apologized which he just shrugged off too.

-----

We took a cab to Central Park which was five minutes from where we were. Everything from green meadows to sprawling waters and unique bridges stunned me. I'm not that hard to please. Even sheep make me happy.

The moment the cab stopped I immediately got out, leaving Harry behind. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and took unnecessary amounts of pictures. The park was crowded with tourists, taking pictures and sitting down for picnics.

"Slow down, Dora the Explorer," Harry said as he caught up with me. "I can't, everything is gorgeous i- OH MY GOD IS THAT A PEDICAB!" I shrieked and without even realizing tugged onto Harry's right arm which was in his pocket.

"You wanna go?" He asked and I looked up at him and nodded. He grabbed my hand and we walked towards an empty one. The driver was an old man waiting for someone to hop on his cab.

"Good day, lovebirds, where do you wanna go?" The man asked and my eyes widened at the word 'lovebirds'. Harry seemed calm about it. He even shot him a smug look.

Harry looked around and asked the man to take us to Sheep Meadow where the people sat and had cute little picnics. Almost everyone had someone with them. Or even families. This made me think about my dad and my broken little family. I imagined what life would be like if mum hadn't have left and dad was never involved in his mafia group.

It was a ten minutes ride there and I savoured every second. The weather was perfect. I took more pictures of the splendid views before my eyes. "Why don't you take a picture of me?" Harry asked me out of a sudden and I turned my head and asked him "Why?"

"You have been taking pictures of all the views so far, why not take one of the view right here?" He asked as he pointed at himself. He shot me a sly smirk. "Oh, please," I said as I rolled my eyes trying not to let my lips curve up into a smile. Something about his cockiness amused me a little.

When he turned his head to the side, I sneakily examined him. His hair was flying in all directions as we rode through the walkway, his sunglasses were perfectly placed on his hair, pushing the curls back. He was beautiful, that I won't lie. It seemed like, under whatever circumstance, he still looked effortlessly stunning. I quickly turned my head to the side before he could catch me staring at him.

We got off the pedicab and thanked the man. Harry tipped him a big bill which brought a big smile to the old man. Harry was kind, even if he admitted it or not. He has a big heart, for someone who's closed off.

I strode beside Harry as we walked around the Sheep Meadow. Everyone looked like they were having the time of their lives, walking around and living life as everyone should.

The great escape isn't it?

----

We left the park about four in the evening. Since we had a quite heavy lunch and a late breakfast, we weren't hungry.

"So, home?" He asked. 'Home.' My heart started breathing quicker the moment he said home. It wasn't my home, wasn't it? My 'home' has now probably been burned down or destroyed to shreds. This was Harry's home. Never mind.

Home is with Willow and Blazer. Home is with Michael and Mikayla. Home is back in college with the small cafe I worked in. Home is coming back home from college and living the depressing life I have. Is it a good thing I was brought home then? To save me from said depressing life.

"Nooo." I said looking up at him with a grin as we walked side by side. He looked back at me with a confused grin. "What do you mean?" He asked and my insides laugh at his genuinely confused face. "You promised you would show me the Folk Art Museum, remember?"

Harry immediately shooked his head into a no. "C'mon Harry, please?" I asked and he shook his head. "It's stupid Athena." I hated how he thought this was stupid or embarrassing. To me, it was cool he liked something I've never heard anyone like before. If I was him, my adoration for folk art would be the first thing I say when I introduce myself to someone new.

"And how many times do I have to tell you? It's not stupid. C'mon, just take me there. Please?" I asked and begged. Finally, after what seemed like forever, he gave in. I smiled triumphantly and made a cheesy face at him.

"You always get your way, don't you?" He asked with squinted eyes as crossed his arms in front of his figure. I gave him a smile and walked up to him. The thing with me is sometimes I get this boost of confidence that scares me.

I tugged his arm and pulled him to my height. With wide eyes, he looked at me. The distance between us was impeccably close. I could feel his breathing as I brought my lips to his ear and whispered in an innocent yet manipulative tone.

"I am the princess, aren't I?"

"Amazement is a word I learned the moment I met you."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hope you enjoyed and I know it's been a while since I've updated and that's because i have exams soon :( so I decided to get this chapter out before my exams in two weeks' time. After exams, ill go back to posting regularly.

Also Adele's new album 30 came out and I'M OBSESSED.

also Taylor my mum killed me with RED.

and also, pleasing is out and I'm shaking at how beautiful and stunning the nail polishes look!! AGHHH I'M SO PROUD OF HARRY.

reminder : please, go get a glass of water.

ily allllll <3