Chapter 48

"I can't believe it."

Athena Williams

I woke up with a pounding headache. The left side of my head felt like it was falling. My vision was blurry and it started getting harder to breathe.

I didn't know what time is was but I knew it was early. I felt the heat of someone next to me. Harry.

My finger gently nudged him a couple of times until he woke up.

"Yeah?" He asked with a raspy voice. I felt terrible for waking him up this early. I couldn't really take a good glance at his face as my vision was now filled with tiny white spots.

Oh god. Am I dying?

"M-my head hurts and my eyes-" I slurred as I brought my hands to rub them agaisnt my eyes.

I felt him quickly waking up and walking to grab something.

"Here, open up." It was a glass of water that was brought to my lips. Maybe I'm dehydrated? Maybe that's why? But it can't be.

I drank sips of water before resting my head agaisnt the pillow. Everything still hurt. It was getting worse.

My eyes brimmed with tears as I tried containing the pain by clenching my jaw. Nothing helped.

"H-harry-" I said as I grabbed onto his hand that somehow I managed to find.

"Let me get the nurse, yeah? I'll be right back." He said before dashing out the room, yelling. My hands started shaking and it honestly felt like my soul was being removed from my body. It really fucking hurt.

I knew this was definitely the affects of a coma. The doctor did say I would experience dizziness or headaches. I might have forgotten a few people or memories too.

I heard the sounds of high heels making it's way to my room.

"Aww sweety, head hurting?" It was Martha. She was my nurse since the time I woke up and she's an angel.

"Yea- please do something" I said while balling one of my fists and placing them agaisnt my forehead to sooth the pain.

"Do you have a headache?" She asked and I nodded. I could feel her presence right beside me.

"I think it's a migraine sweetheart, it's very common to get one after a coma not to worry." She said and she brought her stethoscope to my chest to check my heartbeat. Everything seemed okay, it was just the awful headache.

She gave me two paracetamol pills and I swallowed them while chugging the glass of water.

"She'll be okay, right?" I heard Harry asked which to the nurse replied with a of course.

Martha told me to call her whenever and that she's just in the other ward helping another patient. I thanked her as she was making her way out.

"You okay?" Harry asked as he held onto my left hand. I nodded as I lifted my head to look at him.

I could see a little now. There's a few spots but it wasn't as bad.

Harry's cheeks were rosy and his curly hair was a mess. I felt bad for waking him up.

"Sorry for waking you up, I could've just pressed the button to call her-" I said before getting interrupted.

"No,no. I told you to tell me if you need anything. Don't worry, princess."

A smile crept onto my face as the pet name he always called me fell from his lips. It has been a while since I've heard him call me that and even though it's cringy, I still love it.