Chapter 44

"See, this is why I trust you."

Niall Horan

I drove in silence. I've never seen anyone or specifically any girl change Harry drastically. It's like, Athena has caught Harry in a chokehold.

H is never the guy who falls for a girl. Never goes on dates, never buys them anything and never speaks about them, ever.

But it's just something about this special girl he's been thinking about that's eating him up alive.

Now that girl is holding on in the hospital.

------

It's about a quarter past two in the morning and I pulled up to Harry's home dropping him there. He begged me to take him see Athena but visiting hours closed way before.

He looked defeated, restless and certainly discouraged. I thought about staying the night over with him to keep him from doing anything stupid. But he said he needed some space to think and I guess that's best for him.

Harry Styles

My fingers gripped the bottle that contained my whiskey, tightly. I couldn't think straight. My mind kept going back to what Charles had said.

There's no way in hell he visited Athena. How did he know she was in the hospital in the first place.

Unless he was the one who bombed the cafe.

With that I gulped all the whiskey down, the sensation burned my throat. It was supposed to help take all my pain away but instead it caused me a headache.

I never thought this was something I would do anymore.

Getting drunk at three in the morning.

My blood boiled in anger. I should've killed him on the spot. Who cares if I go to jail, as long as this man is dead and Athena is safe, that's all that fucking matters.

This was all my fault. I shouldn't have let her out. I should've killed Charles right then and there. I shouldn't have taken her around New York.

This was what I was afraid of, and it happened.

I clenched my jaw, pierced my eyes shut and leaned my head down onto the dining table. I'm not okay. Athena is not okay.

Fuck, Niall should've just let me killed that asshole.

Why didn't he? Why did he say let's go to Athena now when it's late at night and visiting hours are closed? Why did I listen to him?

My hand fished for my phone in my pocket and I opened the gallery app. My vision was blurry but I managed to strain my eyes to see.

I clicked on the photo album I made of Athena that contained pictures from years ago.

My eyes scanned my little collection of her but stopped at my favourite picture of her. It was the one of her dancing in the rain.

She's so pretty.

-----

I woke up passed on the dining table at nine in the morning.

Morning.

I quickly stood up, grabbed my phone and headed outside the door. I sped down the roads as quick as I could. Breakfast or showering was the last thing on my mind right now.

In five minutes, I arrived to the hospital.

I got in, gave my name and ran up to her room. I was one of the earliest people there. Visiting hours just opened a minute ago.

I opened up her door and was hoping to see her with a smile on her face. But instead, it was the same as last yesterday.

She still had drips connected to her hands, a bandage around her head and her leg in a cast.

I walked towards her slowly and sat on the stool beside the bed.

"Hey baby, how are you today?"

I was officially going insane. I was talking to her and getting no response. It was like talking to a baby.

"You know yesterday, me and Niall found out a lot of things, but you don't have to worry about that, okay? Let me take care of that. Just make sure you wake up quickly, okay?" I spoke to her as I grabbed her free hand.

She looked peaceful. Her face was pale, her lips had was in a pout and her hair was in a mess. She still looked beautiful.

I didn't know what was going on inside her head but to me it must've been scary. Not being able to open your eyes or speak or move is already giving me anxiety thinking about it.

I made a point that I was going to talk to her and tell her about my horrible days without her until she woke up.

Since she's in a minor coma I really hoped she would be awake fast.

I brought her hand to my lips and pecking them over and over again. I was exshauted from everything that has happened in the pass twenty four hours.

Sighing, I got up and walked over to the vending machine outside her room to get a drink. Whatever it was, I needed it. I was starving.

I ended up getting a yogurt drink that looked disgusting but whatever and headed back in.

As I was walking over to the side of the bed, something caught my eye.

It was a bouquet of roses on the night stand beside her

Roses? Who bought these?

I walked over and picked them up. Some of the roses had wilted while the others were still in good shape. The roses had a note on them and I immediately read it.

Get well soon, darling.
-Charles

I was someone you would call a madman. My nose flared and my blood was pumping in my veins. I grabbed the flowers and chucked them in the trash.

It was official, the next I see Charles, he's dead meat.

"Let's talk about love?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

heyy, so I managed to release another chapter before my exams. this chap is a little short so sorry about that.

please ignore spelling mistakes.

make sure to vote !

also, happy birthday harry! ilysm and can't believe you're 28 now, it's crazy!

reminder : wish harry happy bday and drink yo waterrrr

ily all sm

x jas