Chapter 8

The sounds of three deafening simultaneous gunshots sent chills to my body. 

I was stunned with fear. 

Whoever who fired the gun may have traumatized me for life, but also made Charles stop his actions in killing me. 

Charles stepped back and held he's palm against my mouth, silencing me from making a sound. My breathing was heavy and new set of tears were forming on my eyes. 

His breathing became heavier too and that's the first time I've seen him scared.

Charles's attention was towards the door. He held me in place but focused at the door. I did not understand why. Why was he afraid? 

A few minutes later, it was completely pin drop silent. There wasn't any shuffling or a signal coming from the outside. Charles immediately grabbed on my bruised arm and I wailed in pain.

"Shut the fuck up!" he screamed while dragging me towards the other side of the room. I whimpered in pain and my head was spinning. I knew I would pass out any minute now.

He stopped and was looking around the room for something. Charles's spotted an old closet under a few blankets over it. He removed his grip from my arm and began lifting the blanket.

Now, it was a perfect opportunity to make a run for it. I don't know how far I would be able to get but it's worth a try. I gained my courage and ran as fast as my legs could take me.

I ran across the room trying to find the key for the door. I looked behind the beds and every possible place a key would be hidden. Soon, I found the key inside a plant pot. My mind screamed in victory. 

As I made my way towards the door, a heavy force of weight tackled me down. I groaned in extreme pain as I fell face first. 

I was experiencing immense pain and fear. I already knew who it was and I was afraid.

"Look who tried to dash out the door", Charles whispered in my ear above my body. He cage my body once again on the floor. Tears started streaming down my face. I was so fucked.

"Let me go!" I screeched. I was expecting him to laugh or mock me but instead he got me up and grabbed my arm. He caressed and pecked my cheek. I flinched. What was he doing?

I found that little courage in me and pushed him by his chest, away from me. He chuckled and grinned.
"Is that all you can do?" he asked. I didn't answer him and was embarrassed.

"Anyways, shall we continued where we stopped?" he asked smirked.

I did not want to go through this again. My mind was flooded with thoughts. My breathing became heavy and a panic attack was soon to come. But every time I took a deep breath, it hurt.

Then I remembered I was held at knife point.

I brought my hand up to my throat and groaned in pain. Blood was seeping out. My eyes widened and Charles stood there laughing. He found this very entertaining.

 He hurriedly grabbed my arm and threw me against the bed. I screamed in terror. He grabbed the gun from his back pocket and began tracing it with my skin. I squirmed around feeling disgusted and petrified. 

I honestly just wanted this to end, my body was in pain, I was dying from hunger and thirst and now I was about to be raped.

Charles roamed his hands around my body and I screamed and whined. I felt sorry for myself.

She doesn't deserve this.

My eyes flooded with tears and my throat was dry,

Suddenly, we heard another gun shot from the room across the one we were in. I flinched in fear. Charles looked startled as well. He grabbed my hand and stood me up from the bed.