Chapter 19

I desire to be a person who thinks and acts in an uninhibited way without worrying about normal. I don't want to worry about the future or the past. Focusing on the present is the biggest priority of mine right now. The past is Michael and the present is meeting my dad, so by focusing on the future I'm focusing on me right now in the car. With Harry by my side.

I've felt so much feelings from just one person. Harry made me sad, mad and annoyed but he also makes me laugh and do spontaneous things. But that doesn't mean I'm not terrified of him. He still scares me so much and to disappear is all I want when he's furious. 

Even though he seems like the worst person on Earth, he still has so much soul. He saved me yesterday when I was almost raped and I can't thank him enough. Joshua is now clearly a selfish human being to me. I can't believe I trusted him. 

But the good side is that we're leaving Utah which meant leaving Joshua.

And Michael, and college and my whole 'free' life.

Now we're driving to the place I dreaded the most. Home. More specifically, my father. But now that I'm still in peace, I need to forget about it. 

"So, Athena tell me about home." Harry asked me distracting my thoughts. "Well, I live in the very busy part of Connecticut but my dad has a farm house which was where I basically grew up." I explained and he nodded. 

"Farm girl, that's cool." he replied making me smile. "I loved horse riding and spending my time there, I guess you can say it was therapy for my nine year old mind?" I said and he chuckled. "Yea, cleaning up cow shit is therapy." he said while laughing. I rolled my eyes at him.

"What about the pigs?" Aren't you scared of them?" Harry asked. "After the incident, my dad decided to sell all the pigs to my aunt in London." I explained remembering the memories. 

"What about you, I don't know anything about you." I asked still not aborting my prying information out of Harry mission. I placed my head on my hand while leaning on the arm rest to look at him as he drove.

"There's nothing interesting, princess." he replied quickly. "Come on, there must be something interesting about your 'dark' life." I said while quoting the word dark with my fingers. "No, actually nothing." he answered. I sighed and leaned back into the seat. Harry was never going to tell me anything. "You're no fun." I said as I looked outside the window.

"How do you know that, you don't know me?" Harry said and I felt like punching him. I turned my head back at him and said "It's because you don't tell me shit."

He smirked and avoided answering me. The rage of fire was burning in me. I'm starting to think he was avoiding these questions on purpose. If I did the same, he would probably drop me off in the middle of the highway. He is so annoying.

"Okay, can you at least tell me anything about your heritage at least?" I begged him. "Fine." he said and I smiled in victory. He rolled his eyes at me. "I was born in Redditch but grew up in Holmes Chapel in Cheshire" 

Honestly, he has a very interesting life biography. He was born London and had the thickest British accent I've ever heard. And as far as I know, Holmes Chapel is a beautiful place so why is it not interesting?

"That's nice, Harry" "Do you have any siblings?" I asked him blindly. He went silent and had an uncomfortable look on his face. I think I asked something a little too personal. I was about to apologize when he answered. "Had." 

I held my breath and was nervous. Did he loose his sibling? What happened?

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't ask Harry I-" he interrupted me by saying "It's okay, just don't ask about my family anymore okay?" he said and I nodded in understanding. I felt bad for him.

"Are we going to stop for lunch?" I asked him trying to avoid the awkwardness. "Um yea, McDonald's?" he asked and I nodded. We drove the next hour in silence. Thankfully I had a book that I found at the back seat of the car. It was a boring book but you know what, it's better then nothing.

Even though I had things to do to distract myself, I'm still shaken from last night. It's forever burnt into my mind. 

Just be calm, Athena

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hey! it was a short chapter but i hope you loved it:)

make sure you vote!

reminder: drink water people?!

love ya!