Chapter 39

"Hold me."

I shut my laptop and stretched my arms and legs out. I just had two more classes before I'm done with college. I glanced at the brown clock on the wall and realized it was almost four in the evening. I hadn't seen Harry all day. The last was when we discovered the cause of the shattered glass. The maintenance man arrived five minutes after our chat session and replaced it. 

Harry went upstairs to the gym to work out and probably do some work. I still didn't really know what Harry did cause he was secretive like that. But it's whatever. 

I got up and walked over to the kitchen to make myself a snack. Toasted bread with Nutella seemed really good and I also made one for Harry. His kitchen was every mother's dream. IT was stocked to the brim, filled with delicious food and many types of spices. He had almost everything. Maybe Harry just raided the supermarket? He even had all types of kitchen appliances. Toasters, a rice cooker, waffle maker, cupcake maker, and the list just goes on. 

Money definitely does buy you happiness. 

I gently lifted both plates of bread and headed upstairs. My eyes scanned every room with an open door and there was no sight of him. I looked around more and realized there was another set of smaller stairs that I happen to miss yesterday. I followed it and came across a room with a big brown door that was shut. I could hear the loud strumming of an electric guitar coming from the inside.

"He's here." I thought to myself. I lightly knocked on the door and received no response. I called out his name and the strumming came to a halt as I heard shuffling. The door swung open and there stood Harry in a grey tank top. Sweating. 

My eyes widened and I hurriedly spoke. "I made us food." He welcomed me into the room and my mouth hung open. It was a music room. There were guitars of many kinds, a drum set, a keyboard, and even a whole harp. 

"Let's sit here." He said as he guided me outside on the balcony. The view of New York here was phenomenal. The whole landscape of Central Park was visible from up here. I placed our food and took a seat at the small table set on the balcony. 

"It's so beautiful out here," I said trying to start some conversation. "Yeah, wonderful isn't it."

Harry and I dug into our food as I told him about how my college year was coming to an end and my graduation. I thought he wouldn't be interested or couldn't care less. But he listened attentively adding remarks here and there. I was surprised but happy that he cared.

"I've never seen this room," I said. "That's cause I've never shown you." He replied.

Well, duh.

"Do you write songs?" I asked and he shrugged. It looked like he was trying to avoid the question. "Kinda, I'm working on a few things." He explained and I nodded.

" I heard you play the guitar and Styles, you were really good." I complimented and he grinned. "Thanks." 

"Oh, can you show me a few of your songs?" I asked and he immediately denied. "Absolutely not." He shook his head and my lips turned up into a little smile. "Why? Are you shy?" I asked teasing him a little to which he scoffed. "No, I'm not. I just don't want to." He said and I smirked at him obviously not believing him. 

"Well, I've been meaning to tell you something," Harry said quickly changing the topic. "Yeah go ahead," I said as I took my last bite of bread. "Tomorrow I have a meeting with my team about The Wolves. We're planning to have security guards around the house and also to navigate where most of their members are." He said while fiddling with his bottom lip using his pointer finger and thumb.