Chapter 27

"As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen."

    - 2 years later -

My feet placed their forces against the ground as I make my way to the local supermarket.

The loved gentle autumn breeze blew through my dark hair causing it to flutter around. I tugged on the leather purse that draped on shoulder and clutched it closer to my figure.

Today was a blustery day. The winds have been incredibly strong and gusty. During the autumns here in Connecticut the winds are very unpredictable.

Pedestrians were running to cross the street like madmen. Drivers weren't giving chances. 

Chaos formed in the streets.

Everyone is selfish. Just the way the world works.

I made it to the local grocer and made my way in. The friendly old lady that I adored greeted me. Janice was the name she went by. She's had one great hell of a life.

The old woman knew that the story of her life, her book, was almost done, yet that she had secured her legacy gave her great peace upon passing.

She lived in Mexico with her beloved family. The lady had an amazing life. From private schools too a big family tree which held grand events each, her life was everyone's dream. 

About thirty years ago, a war broke out in her city and people were shot for no apparent reason. Her father shipped both her and her brother here to America, specifically Dallas, Texas.

They lived in a small diminutive house more cottage like. They had to work at this same local grocer to earn cash to live.

A few years ago, sadly her brother passed away. Thinking she would fall into a deep state of depression was not the case. The little old lady still had a smile on her face.

She said that it was going to happen, and it's going to happen to everyone else. Just live the moment and never take anything for granted. 

I adore her, with my whole heart. She is the definition of a strong, wise lady. 

"Hey, Janice!" I greeted her as I stepped in. 

"Hey, sweetheart!" She said making an immediate smile appear on my face. Janice had winter-white locks of hair. Her eyes were in a cerulean-green color and had a very electrifying contagious smile. 

We shook hands and I took of my coat and placed it on a hook behind the door. 

"The usual?" She asked and I replied her with a 'yes please.' 

I come here every weekend to stock up on groceries for me and my dad and also the horses.

Willow and Blazer were still impeccable horses. I took them each on a ride a couple times a week. 

Coming back home made me realize the importance of observing your surroundings. Especially the place you grew up in. The farm made me feel grounded.

I loved living here more than anything in the world. Sense of comfort, closure and even love were formed and made all here.

But most importantly, the memories. No one was ever invited to our farm. I made it that way to protect said farm energy.

It was the only source of happiness to me so when outsiders come in I feel like it isn't my private space anymore. 

The only person that ever stepped foot in the farm else then my dad was Harry. And it has been two years since. 

I forgot about him. Every time a memory of us flashed in my head, I blocked it.