Chapter 50

1 week later

(Harry's POV)

Due to Athena's improving state, the hospital released her three days after the confrontation with Athena's mother.

I hated crying in front of her. I was always taught that crying was a form of weakness and I'm usually someone who can easily control my tears.

But this situation overwhelmed me. From being betrayed by Niall to not being able to protect Athena almost made me blow.

The emotions had to come out.

Crying on the hospital floor on Athena's chest made me feel better.

It was an endless cycle of crying for her though.

Ever since we came back, at least in a day, she would cry for about three times in her room quietly before coming out to me again.

I hated seeing her like this. She deserved everything good on this world and I want to make sure of it.

Yesterday, I talked to Athena about selling my house and moving somewhere with her. I hated it here anyway. It never felt like home.

And since we're both in desperate need of a place to call home, moving somewhere would not be such a bad idea.

She agreed, but only in a condition where I'm moving for myself and not because of her.

Niall had been trying to contact me ever since. I know in my heart Niall would never hurt anyone but maybe that's what made me mad with him.

Maybe it's the fear that Niall isn't who he says he is.

He never mentioned about having a stepmom. All I knew was he always said both his parents died in a car crash and that's about it. He fled to Massachusetts with Cara and joined Athena's dad team, alongside me, to make ends meet.

There's more sides to the story.

The thing that pissed me off was the amount of time I spent trying to find who was the leader of The Wolves was an absolute waste. All my clues led no where to her mother.

The woman was insane.

I could never understand why Athena is so hurt by this, I never wished my mum came back so I can't relate.

But I can only imagine being so young, confused about why the woman who gave birth to me left me with no information. Was I not good enough? Not lovable?

Or... Was she not good enough? Not lovable?

A thought popped into my head yesterday.

CNH.

Cara, Niall Horan.

It was infront my eyes the whole time. Niall was acting oblivious to everything. It also made me rethink about the day I brought Niall to the the warehouse to discover more information with me and how he left the room saying he had to 'distract someone'.

My head was too caught up with the file of Athena's ways to die. If only I had payed more attention I would've had my suspect on Niall.

My suspicion was most probably true. He might've ran out the door saying he needed to distract someone' but instead warn the rest of his Wolves buddies that I'm here and I'm on to them. Because the second Niall came back, heaps of men were chasing after us.

Even when I tackled Charles to the ground and almost killed him. Why did Niall stop me? I was so close. He also suspiciously disappeared when the men threw smoke grenades at us just right before Charles tackled me.

Niall was a snake in the grass.

I don't think I would be able to contain myself when I see his face again.