Chapter 32

"Let's talk about our fears, shall we?"

Harry raced down the highway at a dangerous pace.  A part of me wanted to advise him to slow down but it seemed like if I said one word it would piss him off. Didn't want him to go into full-on rage mode. 

I gripped the seat tightly as we swerved past cars. Harry had beaten the traffic light about five times now. Drivers were honking and cursing at us but he didn't seem the slightest bit worry. Trees looked like they were swaying rapidly from the fast car's view. 

Harry pressed on the gas pedal with full force making the instrument cluster of the Sedan show we were exceeding over 185 mph. I don't think Harry bothered. Instead, he laid his head back on the seat and flexed his arm straighter to control the wheel. His eyebrows had this crease indicating how stress he was. 

"Harry- please slow the hell down." 

He let out an annoyed sigh and pressed the brake pedal more. The car began going at a slower pace and I let out a sigh of relief. Finally, he listened. I placed both of my fingers on the corner of my head and began lightly messaging the stress away. My arm muscles had a little kink to them that was caused by me tightly gripping on for dear life.

It was nowhere near possible that The Wolves had already found us. It hasn't even hit noon. By now I'm positive that the house was now destroyed to pieces and probably the farm too. 

"There's no way they found us this quick," I said under my breath not even realizing I said it out loud. Harry's hand gripped the wheel tighter as he spoke. "Those fuckers definitely sent out hundreds of their men to go after you." This made sense. Pretty sure now all of them were spread out all over Connecticut, searching every brink until they find us.

"Well, what do we do now?" I asked him praying he answered. I had to know what was going on in his mind. "I don't know, we were supposed to search and camp out at the office at least until afternoon, they're too quick."

I sighed and let my body slump down on the seat. I took a glance outside through the window and realized we reached the city. The streets and walkways were crowded with residents and what looked like tourists from their 'I love Hardford' shirts. I mean why would residents wear merchandise of their own city. 

Me and dad never used to come here often and when we did it was only for birthday treats. Every day on my birthday, Mikayla and her family would come with us on my birthday adventure. This was the only time where we got to shop for fashionable clothes and eat in highly expensive buffets. Dad didn't mind because it was always a once-in-a-blue-moon thing. 

Cars were bumper to bumper and people here were very much impatient. Apparently, there was a science center that had just opened up. I knew that from the tens and hundreds of flyers stuck on poles and traffic lights. If this was any normal day, I would have definitely paid a visit even though science isn't my thing. 

Harry exited the highway about an hour later. I really wanted to start conversations but it was clear he wasn't interested. It annoyed me how when he wanted me to answer him I had no choice but to do it or else he would lash out. It was annoying how controlling and self absorbant he was. 

"You know when I was twelve I was admitted into an ICU ward." I suddenly said breaking the silence. At this point, I was losing my mind and was begging for interaction. I didn't know where we were headed and I didn't bother anymore. 

"Really, why?" Harry asked making me turn my head at him with wide eyes. I was expecting him to attack me for speaking. I didn't know why I was in so much shock. "What?" He asked as he took a quick glance at me before turning back and paying attention to his driving.