Chapter 56

TW: Mentions about r@ pe

Athena Williams

I got back home around a quarter past nine. The gates of his opened when I pressed the automatic button and I drove in and parked the car.

Sighing, I grab my things and got out of the car not forgetting to lock it. The front door was already unlocked making it easier for me to get it.

I found the head of curls laying on the couch watching some show on the television. I smiled to myself.

I took off my shoes and I guess that is when Harry heard me.

"Hey love, how was it?" He asked me turning his body to face me while still laying on the couch.

"It was good. It's been a while." I said as I joined him on the couch. "C'mere." Harry said while pulling me into a very tight hug. I chuckled and pulled him in more.

"Missed ya."

"Harry, it's only been three hours." I said, running my fingers through his curls that have been getting really long.

"Too long." He said being dramatic.

I brought him to my chest and hugged him. Harry continued watching his show and I decided to join in as well.

It was a cooking show. Harry's taste is very interesting.

We continued for about another two hours as Harry pestered. He said he was trying to learn any new recipe that caught his eye but nothing seemed to look tasty.

I like this. Having him lay down against my chest as I play with his soft curls. I wanted this to last forever. I wanted to savor this moment forever until we are grey and old. I wanted to know him more to live up to that moment. I want to create memories with him and forget about all shit that we went through. In the comfort of his own home, we lay peaceful. 

Harry turned around, still laying on my chest, looking up at me. He had a small smile plastered on his lips as he looked at me. "Tell me something about you." He said. My eyebrows puckered in confusion. "Tell you something? What do you want to know?" I asked back, hand still in his hair.

The background of this moment was the cooking show still going on. I guess Harry got bored of it.

"What are your favorite flowers?"

I let out a chuckle at his random question. 

"Dahlias."

He let out a hum before continuing, "What about color?" My brain was trying to piece together what this was all about. "Yellow."

"Pretty," Harry mumbled before digging his head back into my chest. 

Was this the time? Should I ask him? 

"Harry?" I called out. He hummed and brought his head back up while looking at me with squinted eyes. 

I took a deep breath. "I was just curious, you said you had a sister but never spoke about her. I mean I would love to get to know her, you know she seems nice." I said while fumbling my fingers together. 

Harry's face fell. He gulped a couple of times while losing the eye contact he held with me. "Uhm, I- uh."

I stopped him. "Hey, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, there's no hurry," I said while gripping his cheeks in my hand. They felt hot in my hands. 

"Um no, I want to tell you about her." He said. "You sure?" I asked to reconfirm. I will never push Harry to tell me anything. He has always been very quiet about his life and I just felt bad that he was pushed to know a lot about my family when I never got the time to hear about him. 

He nodded before replying. "She would've loved you. I think you and her would've gotten along really well." 

"Would've?" I asked growing more and more in confusion. Where is she?

Harry let out a long sigh. "She died many years ago when I was fifteen." He said.

My heart almost stopped beating. I felt terrible for asking him about her. It was so obvious that he loved her a lot. Harry has lost a lot since a young age. This wasn't fair. 

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Harry," I said gripping his hands. They were cold and shaking a little. 

"It's alright." He said while biting his lips. "She died in a way I could've prevented, I was such an idiot".

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"She um- she was raped to death." 

My body ran cold. I froze on the couch in shock. I looked back into his green eyes which were now glistering with tears. I could've only imagined what she went through, what Harry went through. And my dad took advantage of that? By making Harry do his dirty work? At his state?

I was angry, sad, and confused at the same time. 

I pulled him back into my chest and hugged him harder. 

I felt his tears soak my sweater. His body was shaking and little whimpers were coming out of his mouth. My eyes were watering. Harry doesn't deserve any of this. 

"It was all my fault, I could've saved her in time- I-"

"Harry, baby, stop. This is not your fault, okay? What happened to her was so terrible, she didn't deserve any of it but you don't deserve it too. Please, baby. Don't blame yourself." I said sternly. This was something so important Harry had to hear. I don't know if anyone ever told him this but if this was his first time hearing this I needed him to know how important this is. 

His eyes were puffy. I sat with him here, holding him until he felt okay.

After three hours of hugging and kissing him better, he felt better. I didn't expect today to end up like this but now I'm glad he got it out of his chest. 

Slowly, we got up from the couch and I turned off the lights and tv and brought him upstairs. 

We got in bed rather earlier than usual, but I think Harry was so exhausted from everything it was better for him to get as much rest as he could. 

The moment we got in bed, it felt safer. The sheets protected us from what felt the world. 

"Hold me."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hey! hope you enjoyed it.

sorry if this chapter was heavy, just know that I love you all so much and I'm always open to talk. 

make sure to vote and also check out the new book I published called LIBRARIAN [hs]

reminder: you are so loved

ily all

x jas