Chapter 31

"Every end is a new beginning."

I took a last glance at the old brick walls and sighed. I'm never seeing this place again and finally, I let that sink in.

It finally hit me.

The lovely aura that the four-bricked wall building omitted was going to be missed.

But it may lead to the start of something new?

Yea, like death.

--------

I laid my head against the leather seat of a Mercedes, Harry was driving. It was a polished silver look Sedan and had a very luxurious outlook. The strong blinding glare of the sun that reflected on the window was defeated by the strong air conditioning blasting. How wasteful for the environment I thought. But not that Harry even cared. 

My gaze fixed on Harry's side profile. He looked the same as before, just a little more muscular. His jaw was sharper and his hair was longer. Even though he looked a little like before, his personality was nowhere near the joyous Harry two years ago. Harry is way devious as in he's trying to prove he's better or bigger than me even. And I for one, don't agree.

His fingers laced around the cigarette stick and brought it to his lips. He gently inhaled the toxins and breathed them out slowly. Something that I never get is how people are okay with letting chemicals destroy and rot every single part of your body. But again, I don't think Harry gives a fuck.

"You know, the more you smoke the more it'll kill you." 

He let out a scoff and began shaking his head in amusement. Did I say something wrong? Cause the last time I checked, all I did was make him aware. His fucking ego and pride were probably bigger than his... 

Crotch. 

"And?" He asked and I rolled my eyes. Does this man not get the point? "You're destroying your body, and you don't care?" Thinking he would maybe get a hint all he responded was with a no. Being curious, I asked him. "Why?" 

"There's nothing to live for when you're a guy like me." 

Why did this statement he made stabbed me like knives? I felt as if my heart was ripped out and stomped on. Hearing him say something like that, hurt. No one should say that to themselves no matter what's going on. To me, Harry seemed like he already has his life back together. But there are always many sides to a story. 

"What makes you say that?" I asked as I soothed my hands up and down on my things to try and make this situation less awkward for me. I was expecting an explanation or maybe even a nod and state that he wasn't comfortable sharing. I would definitely back off. But he replied by saying nothing. I sighed in defeat. Letting go of this situation was best I guess.

"Well, where are we heading to?" I asked Harry as I pulled out my phone and began scrolling away. Bad habit of mine may I say but aren't we all addicted to something? I'm only human.  

"I don't know." My eyebrows creased in confusion and I turned my gaze to him and scanned his face in disbelieve. "So we're just heading to nowhere?" I asked totally bewildered. How am I supposed to trust him if even at the begging of our journey, he doesn't know where we're going. 

"Pretty much."

I'm asking myself why am I even in the same vehicle as this man. Why does my father have so much trust towards Harry? What good quality does he see in him? "No, I need to know where the fuck we're going, or else I'm leaving."