Chapter 24

It's a funny thing, coming home.

The slow rate of deceleration of the aircraft on the runway somehow drained my mood. Don't get me wrong, it feels amazing to be back here but the thought of how I was going to confront my father made me feel less excited. 

I had many questions that had to be answered. Did my mother know about this when she met him? Did he hide this from here? And for how long?

Was this the reason she left us?

So many thoughts swarmed in my head. I was going to do everything to find out the truth.

I bit my lip in nervousness as we got out our bags and made our way to the walkway. It was very peaceful with less people trying to push each other. I've only traveled once and that was to campus. Yes, I haven't been anywhere else but I guess you got to be grateful for what you have right? 

The farm was everything to me. Leaving to college made me miss the farm more than anything else. The weekends or usually after class when I wasn't allowed to go for any parties, sitting under the tree and reading at the edge of the farm was my happiest place.

Leaving made me feel like I was leaving a big part of my heart back home. My dad didn't mind if I spent days and days on the farm, as long as I was home he was fine. This made me the biggest introvert ever. That's why making friends in college is so hard but being mysterious is cool too. Thank god Michael got in the same college or everything will be difficult for me. 

Harry strolled beside me, typing away on his phone. I wish I had a phone on me. These days had been extremely boring and almost unbearable. A girl could only read so much before she looses it. This whole 'kidnapping and saving me' phase of my life made me feel like I was loosing connection with Earth and it's people. 

We made our way to the check out counter and left the airport in an hour. I was exhausted, drained and filled with anxiety. I just hope when I face my whole life back, everything will be alright. 

Harry pulled out his phone once again and booked an Uber to take us to my home. 

"How do you know my address?" I asked Harry. I didn't remember telling Harry my home coordinates. 

"I work for dad, so won't you think he would give me the address?" He asked making me feel stupid. Well I guess it did make sense. "Besides I know more about you than you know about yourself." Harry claimed, still looking down at his phone. 

I scoffed and looked at him. "How is that possible?" I asked him with my hands on my hips. Harry replied with a ' I just do.' 

I mentally rolled my eyes and paid attention to my feet. Harry and I were waiting on the stairs as people and families were happily making their way out.

 There was a woman around her thirties, who held up a sign saying 'welcome home honey' and a bunch of hearts decorated around it. She sobbed as a man ran towards her. I guess he was her husband. They cuddled and kissed. My heart warmed up at their cuteness. 

A little girl not far from me was squealing in joy. "I'm so excited, Mum!" She screamed at her mum who chuckled and put her on her hip. "This is going to be the best vacation ever!" The little girl screamed again making a smile creep up my face. 

Everyone around me had a smile on their face and the energy was rather positive. I felt like a kill joy. I didn't feel any ounce of happiness. Just filled with worry. 

A couple of minutes passed and a white Toyota Camri stopped opposite the street. Harry grabbed my arm and tugged me. We had to run across the street as cars weren't stopping nor slowing down.