⇶ 𝙝eather 𝙬atkins

The Shadyside mall was your favorite place to go

The Shadyside mall was your favorite place to go. Not only was that the place where you could buy small things for yourself and your family, but it was where you could talk to your best friend, Heather Watkins.

She worked as a B. Dalton bookstore employee there, and to add to that, you loved books. Like, you were obsessed with them. That's what got you to be friends with her.

It was a normal sunny day when you stepped in the bookstore. "Hello, welcome to B. Dalton's," you heard the girl at the cash register say with a smile.

You smirked when you saw the book you were planning to buy for your little sister. It was the only one in stock sadly.

Just when you were about to grab it, a middle aged brunette woman grabbed it. She looked at you and grinned, "This is my book now."

You frowned and sighed, "I- I need it for my little sister. She's 10. I promised her it."

"Too late," the woman said. "It's mines now."

You were started to get fustrated, "Please, ma'am. It's the only one here-"

"What's going on?"

The voice was from the girl at the register. She was heading over to you both.

"This young lady is trying to steal my book!" the woman exclaimed, glancing at you. You widened your eyes, "That is not true!"

The employee sighed and rolled her eyes, "Listen, whoever got it first gets to buy it." You sighed and watched as the woman bought the book and left.

You were about to leave the bookstore when you heard someone behind you. "Here you go."

You turned around and saw the girl from the register with the book that you wanted to buy in her hand. "You're lucky we have another one," she said with a smile.

"Thank you! Thank you! My sister will be so happy!" you said, smiling widely. You grabbed the book. "What's your name?"

"Heather, and you?"

"Y/n. It's nice to meet you, Heather."