⇶ 𝙧uby 𝙡ane

Nobody ever knew what really went down the party Ruby Lane attended

Nobody ever knew what really went down the party Ruby Lane attended. It was said that there were no survivors, however, you would beg to differ.
You were, in fact, the only survivor of Ruby Lane's deadly murder spree. You were only 17, but that didn't matter.

You were deeply traumatized from what you remembered. The way your friends' motionless and dead bodies fell to the floor, their blood painting the walls and floor.
It was everywhere, and you'd never forget it. You'd never forget how crazy and insane your best friend looked with a razor blade in her hand. But the one thing you always wondered was why she let you live.

You always knew Ruby had a huge crush on you, but you never really paid any attention to it since you had a boyfriend. A boyfriend that was also brutally murdered by her.
Maybe it could've been that her jealousy got the best of her, and she snapped and murdered everyone.

But her mother, Mary Lane, would always say that it was because of the "witch" that would possess innocent people like her daughter.
You were always told to never believe the crazy woman's stories, that she was trying to justify her daughter's cruel actions.

But somehow, you'd always find yourself thinking about that as a reasonable answer. Your mind couldn't process that Ruby had killed your friends.

"What happened, Y/n?" asked your therapist Andrea. "What happened in that moment of your life?"
"She killed herself," you spoke, your voice almost a whisper. "After killing everyone, she killed herself too. She left me alive."

Andrea nodded, writing down in her clipboard. "Okay, is that all you remember?"
"No," you suddenly spoke. "No... no, that is not all." You paused, thinking hard. "It can't... he died too.. he..."

The "he" you were referring to was your late boyfriend at the time. Darion. He was a sweetheart. He was everything you dreamed of in a man.
"Darion," you smiled softly, his name tasting sweet on your tongue. "He was good... a good guy.. what.. may I ask, how is he doing?"

Andrea smiled sadly at you, holding your hands tightly, her clipboard secured on her lap so it wouldn't fall as she leaned closer to you.
"Y/n..." she spoke with such gentleness in her tone. "Darion passed away that night too. He was one of the people that didn't survive. You said that."

You frowned, your senses coming back to you. You kept forgetting things easily, and maybe it was because of the trauma, but you didn't know.
"Okay."

* * *

"Miss L/n?"

A group of five teenagers stood on your porch, all looking at you with frowns on their faces. The look they shared in their eyes was very familiar to you.
"Yes?" you managed to speak, your voice sounding a bit off. "May I help you?" One of the kids nodded, "Yeah, can you tell us about your friend Ruby Lane?"

Your heart skipped a beat as he mentioned her. "I- I don't know," you responded absentmindedly.
The curly haired girl sighed and shook her head, "Josh, maybe we shouldn't bother her right now-"

"No," you stopped her. "It is fine. I can explain. Come inside, please." Letting the group inside, you smiled softly as they reminded you of your past innocence.

a/n: tried something new with my writing style + ruby lane!! i hope you enjoyed this imagine and have a good day/night!