⇶ y!𝙯iggy 𝙗erman [au]

[STRANGER THINGS X FEAR STREET 1978 AU]

Moving away from Hawkins, Indiana was the hardest thing you ever did. But you knew it was for the good-at least.
On your last day in Hawkins, you talked with all your friends. Mike, Dustin, Lucas, El, and Max. Including Mike's sister Nancy Wheeler and her ex boyfriend Steve Harrington.

But the reaction that pained you the most was your friend Max's. She was so heartbroken, asking you questions.
"I'll visit," you told her, trying to be optimistic. "It's not that far you know." But she couldn't stop crying.

You knew that Max had a very strong friendship with you. You two related to each other in so many ways, and that's how you became friends.
You were also the first person she met when she arrived to Hawkins a year ago. "Don't worry, Max. I'll be back."

Now you were in your car, looking out the window and hoping you could see her again. Or at least meet someone like her.

***

"We're here!" your father proudly announced as you stepped out of the old car. "Huh," you thought to yourself, looking around your new neighborhood.
It wasn't that bad, but Ohio was certainly less prettier than Hawkins. The house you and your father were going to live in looked old and busted. The windows were broken, the house paint was wearing off.

Your father, noticing your look, sighed, "I know it's not much, but I promise I'm going to get it better."
You smiled at your father, "Thanks Dad." You were very grateful to have such a caring father.

"But anyways, I signed you up to that camp you've been wanting to go," he added, making you excited. "Camp Nightwing. Sounds a little depressing, doesn't it?" he joked.
"It's fun according to some people," you stated. "So it's not that bad." Your father nodded, "Agreed."

***

A week passed and your house was much, much better. You climbed into the yellow bus that would take you to the camp.
In the corner of your eye, you noticed a red headed girl looking at you. Out of curiousity, you turned your head around and faced her.

Your eyes widened at the appearance of the girl. She was striking similiar to Max. But how?
Max didn't have any other siblings than Billy. Unless.. she did?

The girl frowned when she realized she was staring at her and rudely asked, "What are you looking at?"
"Oh- I'm sorry," you quickly responded. "I thought you were looking at me-" The girl then burst out into laughter. "I am, silly," she smiled.

Just like Max, you thought to yourself.

"I can tell you're not from here. What's your name?" the girl asked. "My name's Ziggy." "I'm Y/n, Y/n L/n," you introduced yourself. "Nice meeting you Ziggy. You just remind me of someone. From my old town."
Ziggy raised her eyebrow, "Oh yeah? Where are you from?"

The bus soon began moving as everyone sat in their seats. "Hawkins, Indiana." Ziggy's eyes widened, "Isn't that the place where they experiment with kids?"
You were shocked at what she just said. How could she know about that? "N- No," you stuttered nervously. "Those are just rumors."

Ziggy nodded, looking over at a brunette girl who stood up from her seat and walked over to her. "Ziggy, who are you talking to?"
You looked up at the girl and waved at her with a small awkward smile. "Y/n, she's new," Ziggy replied.

"Oh," the brunette sighed. She gave you a quick false smile as she spoke, "Nice meeting you Y/n. I'm Cindy Berman, Ziggy's older sister. She probably didn't mention me."
You watched as Cindy rolled her eyes at the last sentence.

You already knew that this camp was going to be something.

a/n: requested by my amazing bestie lexasgurl i hope you enjoyed! :)