59) The Search for a Past pt 3

"You know, y/n, you could always move in with one of us?"

I choke on my drink as the game loads. It was just Evan and Jaren unmuted as we waited for Delirious, Nogla, and Marcel. They were late and setting up as normal. "What?"

"Well, I know you don't want the other boys knowing about your living situation, and housing is expensive in California." Evan continues to speak. "Maybe uh, if you needed to, or wanted to, you could live with one of us? I know I have extra space -"

"-I do too," Jaren bursts in.

"And then you wouldn't have to worry about commuting to a library, or pod pals, you know? You'd be able to focus on creating content if you wanted too."

His words sink in. Honestly, it sounds way too good to be real. "I do want to focus on creating content." I admit slowly. "But I'd feel so guilty."

All ready my channel has been blowing up, thanks to the collaborations with all of the boys. They were sweet and kind, even when joking, and the audiences seemed to love the banter I brought. It felt as if I'd known them my entire life, and I was so close to learning about why I was brought back. So close to remembering the time before the afterlife.

"You know none of us would think of you taking advantage of the situation and using us, right?" Jaren states.

The familiar bing of someone joining discord stopped whatever response I had. Instead, I change my response. "Hey Delirious, how are you?"

"Sup, fuckers. We still waiting for Tyler and Marcel then?"

Evan doesn't press anymore, and changes conversation, too. "Tyler is busy, so Nogla said he'd play in his place."

"Alright, cool. Very nice."

"Hey Jon?" Jaren starts. For some reason my skin starts to crawl.

"Yes?"

"Would you judge someone if they needed a roof over their head while freshly joining the content creator career. Like, imagine one of your friends that you talk to almost every day was hiding from you that they were homeless because they didn't want to appear as if they're using you. What would your thoughts on that be?"

There's a moment of silence. The weight of the discord call makes me drop my head on my laptop with a groan. Why would he say that? He knows I didn't want anyone else to know.

"I wouldn't think any different of them? Who needs a place to stay? I have plenty of extra room." Delirious says slowly.

"Oh, don't worry about it." I can hear the shit-eating grin in Jaren's voice. "It was mostly theoretical."

"And to prove a point." Evan adds on.

The sound of two more people joining the call makes me want to shrivel up even more. "What up fockers. Who's ready to game?"

"What point is being proven?" Marcel chimes in.

"Oh my god, kill me." I mumble out.

"Y/N is currently recording at the library and doesn't want to admit that she needs better living arrangements." Someone blurts out. I don't even know who does.

"Guys!" I finally blurt out, sitting back up. When I look at the screen, my heart drops, though.

When I accidently face smashed my computer, I turned on the camera.

My own face stared back at me, shock and fear evident in my features.

Fuck.

If I was seeing my own face, then everyone looking at Discord could too. And if anything was evident by Evan, Marcel, and Nogla's shocked looks, then it was very clear that they saw what I looked like. I wasn't prepared for that. My chest tightens and I sit there dumbfounded for all but two seconds before trying to turn my camera off again.