49) [Cartoonz] Apocalyptic Cont.

A/N: I'm back! Hello, Hi, how are all of you?! Hope your quarantine has been going well. Mine has been a little too productive. 

Anyways, I was feeling the need to write, so here we are!

It's a little ironic that my last one-shot, in which I had started a part 2 was apocalyptic themed.... anywhoozers, here you go! A whopping 2151 words! Hope you enjoy~

~.~.~.~

There was a burning in my shoulder, all the way down to my fingers. My eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Morning sweetheart. Hope you don't feel that high drop too hard."

Turning to the voice I see a man, Luke, sitting in the chair near the bed.

I couldn't speak. My mouth was too dry, and my head was throbbing with too much pain.

As if reading my mind, he passed me a waterskin. "Here, have as much as you'd like. We have an abundance."

I take it from his hand and sip the cool liquid.

"So..."

"So?" He asked.

"What's the plan now?"

"Same as always. Survive."

~.~.~.~

Luke and I were on a supply run. We were heading farther out than normal due to lack of supply near our base with the boys. Nowadays, walkers were few and far between. It had been almost a year since I joined the group.

We stopped at what looked like a pretty stocked Walmart in a small town.

I laughed, "I'm just saying, Zombieland lowkey predicted this shit!"

He shook his head. "Obviously." A grin spread across his face as he pulled up to the sliding doors. The parking lot was empty, so it was a good sign. That, and the doors were intact and shut.

"Already sugar cube, you ready to pop this place?"

"You need to ask? I'm so fucking ready."

With our guns attached at our hips, machetes and knives strapped down, we walked to the door with bags in hand. I watched the bulge in Luke's arms as he swung his machete around, bracing it to pop the lock on the door, and wedging it open.

The next door was just as easy to open.

I whistled lowly at the sight before us, switching on my flashlight. Luke moved his sunglasses to the top of his head so his eyes could adjust better.

Even just barely passing the doors, and with the store only illuminated by the sunlight coming through behind us, it was easy to see it was pretty full with all things considered.

"Let's look around. There might be walkers so be on the lookout." Luke took out his flashlight.

"Aye-aye." I wink at him as we begin walking. Directly in front of us was the produce section. Everything there was beyond bad so we moved past the rank smell.

"Heads up." Luke pointed to a corpse lying huddled in the middle of the floor. The head was completely gone.

I bumped him, "This aisle might be a good one. Canned shit and non-perishables."

He nodded, following behind me.

We grabbed cans and boxes and just items. Of course we didn't need all of it. Our base had a pretty self sustaining garden full of fresh food now, but these would help with different flavors.