23) [Delirious] The Price of a Life Pt 3

Cold sweat covered my skin as I sat up in the bed, shaking in terror. Looking around, I realized I wasn't in my room. It was too warm, and my lungs burned like I was going to choke on air. Yanking the covers off, I wiggled towards the edge of the bed, my eyes flashing around the room.

Recognizing the quaint room, I realize I wasn't in that house. I was with Delirious now. I was in Cartoonz' room.

With a sigh of relief, I unclenched my hands that were curled up in the duvet and looked over at the time. It was 5:36 am. My stomach pinched in pain, sounding so loud in the pure silence of the morning. When did I last eat?

Swinging my legs over the edge of the bed, I slip off it and slowly put my weight onto my feet. Pain throbbed up my legs, and a gasp choked me, my whole body aching as if suddenly alive with the burning. But it was okay. I've felt worse.

Tiptoeing towards the door, I was silent. Opening it up just as quiet, there was no sign of life in the hallway. I wander soundlessly down the way I remember being dragged through last night, in search of something. Maybe I'll find Delirious or Cartoonz?

Stumbling slightly as the hall opens up, I see the living area that I remember from the darkness last night. Light was peeking through the tall windows high on the wall. Rounding a corner, I spot an open looking kitchen. I creep towards it more before realizing someone was standing there.

I jump slightly at spotting him. He turned around and I recognize him as the other man from last night. He smiles gently at me.

"Hey kiddo, you're up early."

I nod nervously, shifting the weight on my feet, trying to relieve some of the burn. "I couldn't sleep." I mumble, looking away from his gaze.

"That's okay, me neither." He pulled down a cup and filled it with water from the tap. "Your clothes are in the dryer right now, I picked them up last night and thought you'd like something clean to wear."

"Thank you." I whisper. I grip my hands behind my back, fidgeting with my nails.

"You want to eat?" He asks in a gentle tone.

Before I could say anything, my stomach pinched again, and whined loud enough that I was sure he could hear it.

A laugh bubbled from him as he curled his finger at me. I cautiously walked closer until he picked me up and plopped me onto the counter. My feet dangled as I put my hands in my lap.

"Wanna help?"

That sounded fun, and a grin spread across my face as I nodded.

~.~.~.~

(Del. Pov)

I haven't slept since yesterday, just now finishing the paperworks. I would be laying down, but I fucking lost the child.

I rush around the house looking for her. She isn't in Luke's room. Why isn't she in Luke's room? Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I round a corner, headed towards the kitchen when I hear light bubbly giggles. Stopping, I see her sitting on a counter as Moo dolliped whip cream on her nose. What the fuck?

She giggled again, and tried to lick it off. Her eyes went cross-eyed. Realizing she couldn't reach it, another round of giggles surged through her. Her deep pools landed on me, and suddenly her smile brightened. With a wave she called out to me. "Oh, hi Delirious!" Something twisted pleasantly in my gut.

Moo turned around, smiling gently. "Oh, hey. We were making some breakfast. Someone was hungry. Thought I'd feed her before she turned into a little monster."